There were mixed fortunes across sectors, with processing and manufacturing witnessing an increase of 7.8 percent, electricity distribution and production 5.8 percent, and sewage disposal 5.7 percent, while mining fell 9.8 percent.
Most of the processing and manufacturing industries posted higher IIPs compared to the same time in 2020, including electronic products, computers and optical products (37.7 percent), motor vehicles (17.5 percent), electrical equipment (16.5 percent), and beverages (14.3 percent).
The IIP in February was down 23.2 percent against January and 11.4 percent year-on-year due to the seven-day break for the traditional Lunar New Year (Tet) holiday.
Since production time was reduced by one-third, processing and manufacturing – responsible for a large proportion of domestic industrial production – reported a year-on-year decline of 12.4 percent in its IIP while electricity distribution and production, sewage disposal, and mining fell 13.9 percent, 1.6 percent, and 21.6 percent, respectively.
Relevant authorities in the capital joined hands right from the beginning of the year to promote supply chain links, making significant contributions to the development of the domestic market in tandem with the campaign "Vietnamese people prioritise Vietnamese products".
- US industrial production rose just 0.1 percent in February
- Industrial Production Rose Just 0.1 Percent in February
- Wall Street Journal: Wages, Productivity Jump in Donald Trump’s ‘Hire American’ Economy
- Pound euro exchange rate rises as Eurozone industrial malaise trumps lower UK inflation
- Bitcoin price SURGES: BTC jumps 20 PERCENT to surpass $5,000 mark
- S&P 500 climbs to its biggest quarterly gain in a decade; Lyft jumps
- UK car industry on ‘RED ALERT’ as production slumps by almost a TENTH
- German recession fears mount after more poor industrial data
- How the Cosmetics Industry Got to Regulate Itself and Downplayed Cancer Risks
- Trump drains Wall Street's enthusiasm for GM's production overhaul
- UK auto industry under siege as Brexit pressure escalates
- Pot company Canopy Growth posts nearly 300% sales jump
Hanoi’s industrial production jumps 7.5 percent have 285 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.