ACCRA – Ghanaian President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on Sunday assured Ghanaians of the safety of the COVID-19 vaccine to be used for his country’s mass vaccination campaign.
In his televised speech on measures to protect people against the pandemic, Nana Akufo-Addo announced the vaccine will be administered in 43 epicenter districts across the country.
He said Ghanaian First Lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo and he himself as well as Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia and Second Lady Samira Bawumia will be vaccinated on Monday ahead of the mass vaccination.
“This is being done because the vaccine will help protect us against the impact of COVID-19 on our health. It is also a major catalyst to restoring livelihoods and the national economy to the robust level it belongs,” he said.
Ghana took the delivery of 600,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine on Feb 24 and the president said more were on their way to get the entire population vaccinated before the end of this year.
- Who is Isaac Dogboe? Ghanaian prince, bantamweight belt holder
- President Trump nominates Dr. Stephen Hahn as new FDA commissioner
- Adient and Autoliv to collaborate on safety, comfort and convenience for seats of the future
- GM China partners Safe Kids Worldwide to drive vehicle safety awareness
- PHT’s 2018-19 Metropolitan Division Preview
- Tim Tebow fires back at people misrepresenting 'Tebowing' photo as national anthem protest
- NFL, other football levels talk consistency in rules, safety
- Traffic Deaths Continue Alarming Climb in First Half of 2016
- Rest easy, parents: Teen driving deaths have tumbled
- 2014 BMW 4‑Series Coupe
- 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
- Pension plan in Russia hits key Putin demographic
- 2014 Maserati Ghibli
- 2015 BMW 6‑Series Convertible
- 2015 BMW 6‑Series Coupe
- 2015 BMW 6‑Series Gran Coupe
- No Fixed Abode: The Perks (And Perils) Of Protectionist Policies
- ACMA convention sees captains of industry urge pursuit of high-quality production and innovation
- 2014 BMW 5‑Series Gran Turismo
Ghanaian president assures people of COVID-19 vaccine safety have 292 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.