According to Commander of Military Region 7 Major General Nguyen Truong Thang, despite the serious impacts caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and natural disasters, Military Region 7's armed forces successfully fulfilled all military and defense missions and effectively combated SARS-CoV-2. Particularly, together with building a border patrol road, military units in the region built 34 residential areas near border posts, including 170 houses. The units also constructed around 300 houses for needy ethnic minority people and religious followers.
For the 2021 Lunar New Year Festival, agencies and units under the military region formed missions to visit and present gifts to their personnel and local residents, especially those in remote areas, along the border and on islands. These activities helped troops and local people have a cozy and happy New Year.
General Thang stressed that Military Region 7 completed all set targets for the enlistment work for this year and all the recruitees had their health checked and tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 before being handed over to military units in the region.
Speaking at the meeting, General Lich praised the military region's armed forces for their achievements in implementing military and defense missions and raising their combat power over the past time. He asked Military Region 7's leaders to focus on the building of the whole people's defense posture, defensive areas, and local armed forces. Units under the military region should continue building politically-based armed forces, raising training quality, and combining training with regulation building.
The military region should also take measures to build strong Party organizations, raise competence of its personnel, foster cooperation with localities, and contribute to localities' socio-economic development and defense consolidation, Lich added.
Concluding the working session, General Lich expressed hope that personnel of Military Region 7's armed forces will try their best to take the lead in the "Determined to Win" movement this year and in the years to come.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Defense secretary Robert Gates asks allies to send troops to Afghanistan
- A last chance to stop Iran from going nuclear: To make sanctions work, start preparing for military
- China suspends military exchanges with U.S. over planned $6B arms sale to Taiwan
- US troops ‘temporarily’ withdraw from Libya amid growing hostilities
- How China, Brexit, and the US derailed global 5G Wireless
- U.S. hits insurgent sanctuaries in Baghdad
- Guards steer Gaza-Egypt border traffic
- Afghan official suggests Pakistan linked to bomb
- UN headquarters in Gaza struck by Israeli shells
- Israeli air strikes kill 230 in Gaza
- 4 US coalition troops killed in Afghanistan
- Signs of pullback by Russian forces in Georgia, but U.S., France unimpressed
Defense Minister works with Military Region 7 have 425 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.