All the new patients in Hai Duong are F1 contacts of previously confirmed cases and had already been quarantined at concentrated isolation facilities.
The imported case is a 42-year-old South Korean expert, who entered Vietnam on February 19 and was put into isolation immediately upon entry. The patient is undergoing treatment at the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi’s Dong Anh district after being confirmed positive for the virus on March 5.
The new patients lifted the national infection tally to 2,501, including 1,578 domestically-transmitted cases, and 923 imported cases.
Hai Duong remains the locality recording the highest number of local infections since the first outbreak recurred on January 27, with 701 cases.
Meanwhile at a recent meeting of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam who is also head of the Steering Committee underlined the importance of ensuring the safety and efficiency of the nation's COVID-19 vaccination programme.
He also stressed the need to speed up domestic vaccine research, production, and testing in the fastest time possible. The nation is poised to have sufficient vaccines for 100 million people if research and development is successful, Dam added.
Notably, ten pandemic-hit cities and provinces have gone 21 straight days without logging any new cases, including two major cities- Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
- Ho Chi Minh City confirms 9 more Zika cases, raises Vietnam’s total to 39
- HCM City confirms 9 more Zika cases, raises Vietnam’s total to 39
- Northern Hai Duong Province: Remarkable Development in Service Sector
- The Vietnam-RoK Association Friendship’s Hai Duong Chapter holds congress
- Hai Duong urged to become nation’s motive force
- The unbelievable reasons behind students’ suicide cases
- Promoting community’s reading culture
- Binh Duong is a magnet for foreign investors
- Post- vaccination cases in Vietnam fewer than WHO’s warning
- 6 new Zika cases raise Ho Chi Minh City’s total to 35
- How Russian networks worked to boost the far right in Italy
- Asaram, Gurmeet Ram Rahim, Nithyananda and more: The ‘godmen’ who faced criminal cases
COVID-19: Six more cases in Hai Duong boost total community cases to 1,578 have 327 words, post on vov.vn at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.