Bernama quoted Senior Minister cum International Trade and Industry Minister of Malaysia Mohamed Azmin Ali as saying that this is a new proposal informed by Brunei as Chairman of ASEAN this year.
Taking to reporters after the 27th ASEAN Economic Ministers Retreat (AEM 27 Retreat) on March 3, Mohamed said that there was no specific timeline set when the common digital vaccine certificate would be introduced, as the matter would be brought up to a meeting of ASEAN health ministers.
He expressed his belief that the certificate will be finalised in the near future and will definitely help facilitate movements among ASEAN member states.
At the AEM 27 Retreat, ministers discussed the progress of the ASEAN Comprehensive Recovery Framework implementation as the region's recovery tool, he said.
They also pledged to work intensively to explore all avenues to deepen and broaden regional integration in various areas of mutual interest that would contribute to the sustainability of livelihoods, as well as economic recovery in ASEAN and beyond, he added.
Previously, Malaysian Health Minister Adham Baba said the country would issue a certificate to those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 with the expectation that this certification will meet international standards.
- Health secretary's 'plan for mandatory child vaccinations' sparks anti-vax fury as parents brand move 'like Nazi Germany'
- Việt Nam makes important contributions to ASEAN economic co-operation: minister
- Paying more than $10,000 in cash could make you a criminal under proposed law
- Love and prejudice: Why we’re a nation sharply divided
- Full text: What Modi, Obama agreed on
- Inside the Kennedy "Curse": Why This Family Has Been Touched by So Much Tragedy
- 10 Scariest Hack Attacks From Black Hat 2014
- Full text of BRICS Summit Brasilia Declaration
- In Indonesia, 'bride kidnapping' tradition fuels child marriage despite new ban
- Nicki Minaj’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week: The Complete Timeline
- Finance Ministry Wants To Reduce Provident Fund Interest Rates, EPFO Says It Will Stick To 8.65%
- The American Internet Sucks. The Alternative Is China.
ASEAN proposes common digital COVID-19 vaccine certificate have 322 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.