Jakarta (VNA) – The 27th ASEAN Economic Ministers' Retreat took place on March 2 and 3 via videoconference, ushering the first high-level engagement among ASEAN economic ministers under Brunei's chairmanship.
In its press release, the ASEAN Secretariat said against the backdrop of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the ministers and relevant representatives discussed post-pandemic recovery efforts across the region, progress made in ASEAN's economic community-building efforts, and ASEAN's external economic relations.
The ministers highlighted the need for greater regional cooperation and collective action to begin the process of gradual economic recovery in ASEAN. Discussions on this included strengthening the resilience of regional value chains and supply chain linkages, harnessing technology to facilitate essential business travels and regional tourism in a safe manner, and committing to unimpeded flow of essential goods across the region.
In line with this, the ministers endorsed Brunei 's 13 priority economic deliverables which focus on recovery, digitalisation, and sustainability.
On the ongoing digital transformation and accelerated digitisation taking place in ASEAN due to the pandemic, the ministers emphasised the need to ensure that benefits from digitisation redound to ASEAN's peoples.
ASEAN Secretary-General Dato Lim Jock Hoi underscored the critical need for innovative solutions and capitalising on digital technology to fast track safe reopening of ASEAN's economies towards recovery.
He cited, in particular, leveraging on the travel corridor framework to pursue common health protocols for possible health/vaccines certificates./.
- 48th ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Meeting wraps up
- ASEAN Economic Minister lauds VN’s proposals
- Vietnam chairs ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Meeting
- ASEAN economic ministers’ meeting opens in Myanmar
- ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Meeting opens
- 47th ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Meeting to finalise AEC formation
- Vietnam to host 19th ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Retreat
- Vietnam to host ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Retreat
- 21st ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Retreat opens
- Joint Communiqué of 47th ASEAN Foreign Ministers' Meeting (Part 2)
- AEM 48 creates foundation for ASEAN Economic Community’s growth
- Joint Communiqué of 47th ASEAN Foreign Ministers' Meeting (Part 1)
ASEAN Economic Ministers endorse 13 priority deliverables have 335 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.