Active bottom fishing props VN-Index up
The Saigon Times
|An electronic board displays stock information. The VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange closed up toda, March 31– PHOTO: TNO|
HCMC – Despite the selling pressure, active bottom fishing helped the VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange maintain growth momentum to have three straight winning sessions today, March 31.
At the close, the main index advanced 5.08 points, or 0.43%, from the session earlier, at 1,191.44, with 222 gainers and 207 losers. Trade volume fell by 10% to 703 million shares while the value dropped by 13.8% to VND14.6 trillion from the previous session. Over 32.6 million shares valued at VND1.6 trillion were traded in block deals.
Among bluechips, lender STB continued its upward spiral and ended the day up 4.6%, with 56.7 million shares changing hands.
Good performance of some largecaps such as property firm VIC, housing developer VHM, brewery SAB and consumer goods company MSN contributed to the gain of the main index.
While lenders CTG and MBB lost ground, other bank stocks such as VIB and EIB traded on positive territory.
Construction firm ROS was the most actively traded stock on the southern bourse, with a matching volume of over 69 million shares.
On the northern bourse, the HNX-Index improved by 5.52 points, or 1.96%, against the session earlier, at 286.67, with 104 stocks rising and 93 others declining.
Lender SHB took the lead on the northern bourse by liquidity, with 59.7 million shares changing hands, and finished the day up 9.4%.
Among small stocks, service firm KLF attracted strong appetite and came second for liquidity with 26.7 million shares changing hands, but lost steam at the close.
- VN-Index hits six-month peak
- VN-Index rises as mid-caps attract investors
- VN-Index gains amid foreign investor sell-offs
- Domestic cash flow supports VN-Index
- Large-cap stocks behind VN-Index rise
- Stocks dip into the red, VN-Index drops sharply
- Vietnam says no to illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing
- Việt Nam says no to illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing
- Brokers see stocks stage outstanding performance, index down
- The NEW Cod Wars! Brexit trade talks descend into insults as Michel Barnier says Britain 'can have the waters but NOT the fish' in ultimatum on fishing rights
- VN’s production decreases for second month running in August
- VN’s agro-forestry-fishery earns US$6.2 billion trade surplus
Active bottom fishing props VN-Index up have 354 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.