PANO – A meeting in response to the 2016 Action Month for Drugs Prevention and Control was jointly held in the evening of June 16 th in Hanoi by the National Committee on AIDS, Drugs, Prostitution Prevention and Control, Ministries of Public Security; Education and Training; and Culture, Sports and Tourism.
Addressing the meeting, Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh directed relevant organizations to step up action programs, public education and information dissemination on drugs prevention.
Accordingly, the Ministry of Education and Training was asked to check and update knowledge of drugs prevention, which had been popularized at schools from primary to tertiary levels. Besides, the ministry should improve the knowledge through extra activities and citizenship education course for students in the beginning of academic years.
The Ministry of Public Security was requested to direct its forces to strongly fight drug-related crimes while the Ministry of Information and Communications should tighten control over the internet, especially ill-intention websites while the culture, sports and tourism sector should keep an eye on businesses operating in sensitive sectors.
The Deputy Prime Minister also asked press organizations to open column and build contents on impacts of drugs, especially methamphetamine, as well as on life skills.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Mexican Drug Cartels Are Making Mass Amounts of Phony Prescription Painkillers, DEA Warns
- The HRT tourists raiding Europe to keep their cool: Months of shortages have plunged tens of thousands of women back into the horrors of the menopause. Now they're taking matters into their own hands...
- Vietnamese woman fights HIV and stigma
- A fine on kids who vape? Some California cities want it
- Is There A New Surge Of Migrants Coming To The Southern Border?
- Paedophile volunteers for 'chemical castration' after years of flashing at kids
- New Year Honours list 2019 in full - from stars to heroes of tragedy and terror
- Best Cyber Monday 2019 Deals: Final Update
- MILK WAR! Cows vs humans – Are cows replacing humans in breastfeeding?
- 'Jellyfish' in the heart that can save you from a stroke: New blood clot-blocking implant offers hope to thousands
- Health Secretary remains lightning rod for critics of Edwards administration
- John Bolton ready to testify in Trump impeachment trial
Action Month for Drug Prevention and Control have 353 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.