HÀ NỘI — More than 85,000 units of blood have been collected from donors at the Xuân Hồng (Red Spring) festival over the past 13 years and the organisers are hoping for a surge in donations as this year’s festival begins.
Speaking at the opening ceremony of the 14th Red Spring Festival in Hà Nội on Sunday, head of the National Institute of Haematology and Blood Transfusion (NIHBT), Bạch Quốc Khánh, said the festival has helped ease blood shortages after the Tết (Lunar New Year) holiday and contributed to strengthening community awareness about voluntary blood donations.
The COVID-19 pandemic broke out again in many provinces and cities before Tết , greatly affecting the blood supply to hospitals.
According to Khánh, many blood donation events were postponed or cancelled and t he amount of reserved blood sometimes is only enough for 2-3 days.
The NIHBT, many blood transfusion centres and hospitals nationwide have called on the community to donate blood urgently to save more patients who need blood transfusions.
With the help of departments, organisations and people, the NIHBT collected more than 10,000 blood units in just two weeks after the Lunar New Year.
The 14th Red Spring Festival will take place from March 1 to 7 at the NIHBT and three blood donation venues in Hoàn Kiếm, Thanh Xuân and Đống Đa districts.
The event is expected to collect more than 4,000 units of blood, supplying blood to nearly 180 hospitals and medical establishments in 28 provinces and cities in the northern region.
Regulations on COVID-19 prevention will be ensured at blood donation venues, the organising board said. — VNS
- Blood donation campaign to be launched in VN
- The promise before death of the man who donated his organs to save 10 people
- Da Sweet Blood of Jesus review – Spike Lee's horror flick is uneven but unique
- 'My baby daughter’s dark wee was first clue she has incurable condition'
- Deaf-owned pizzeria Mozzeria has closed, and other restaurant closures
- Rockefeller Christmas tree is cut down and shipped to NYC, but will any tourists be able to see it? 75ft tall, 11-ton Norway Spruce begins its journey to Manhattan amid mounting questions over whether visitors will be banned to stop to the spread of COVID
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 22 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 28 (updated hourly)
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 11
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 15 (updated hourly)
- A Pop Culture Guide to the Many, Many References in
- Image Comics December 2020 solicitations and covers revealed
14th Red Spring blood donation festival begins in Hà Nội have 421 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.