AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine, manufactured by SK Bioscience of the Republic of Korea, will be imported to meet the urgent need of providing the local population with greater protection against the pandemic.
The Ministry of Health approved the AstraZeneca vaccine for domestic inoculation on February 1, with the vaccine licensed for one-year circulation.
According to the Drug Administration of Vietnam (DAV), AstraZeneca Vietnam Co., Ltd. will be responsible for both the origin and quality of imported vaccines. It must ensure the safe, effective, and appropriate use of the vaccine, whilst the firm must also strictly comply with current regulations on imports, exports, and the distribution of drugs and relevant pharmaceutical regulations.
The initial import of 204,000 doses is set to be the first batch of a total of 30 million doses of the vaccine which the country has ordered from AstraZeneca. The vaccine itself has been developed by British-Swedish company AstraZeneca in collaboration with Oxford University.
Moreover, COVAX, a global mechanism for developing, manufacturing, and procuring COVID-19 vaccines, will also provide 4.9 million doses to Vietnam as part of efforts to fight the epidemic.
- Vietnam gets closer to COVID-19 vaccine
- India’s 3 billion doses of vaccine production capability will be key in global inoculation against Covid-19: Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
- Oxford offers best hope for Covid-19 vaccine this year, MPs told
- Is the US-China rivalry tangling a coronavirus vaccine with geopolitics?
- AstraZeneca taps Emergent as U.S. partner for potential COVID-19 vaccine
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to be shared across Europe, says France
- Vaccine Makers Turn to Microchip Tech to Beat Glass Shortages
- Report: Britain Nears $625 mln Sanofi/GSK COVID-19 Vaccine Deal
- Britain nears $625 million Sanofi/GSK COVID-19 vaccine deal: report
- Brazil signs agreement to produce AstraZeneca's experimental COVID-19 vaccine
- Vaccine makers face biggest medical manufacturing challenge in history
- US should have a 'couple hundred million' doses of a Covid-19 vaccine by the start of 2021, Fauci says
Vietnam urgently imports 200,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine have 302 words, post on vov.vn at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.