Skype co-founder Jaan Tallinn is the latest big tech name to invest in Vietnamese startup Loship
Tallinn's investment in Loship puts him on a list of global tech leaders betting on Vietnamese tech startups, which has shown resilience and growth even amidst COVID-19. Thus, Loship is poised to become a prominent tech figure for any seasoned investor looking at Vietnam, according to Loship CEO Trung Hoang Nguyen.
“MetaPlanet's investment will help us build a much stronger image of Loship as a National Startup Hero. The competition will be much steeper in the long term, and we hope to pick up deep tech insights from Jaan Tallinn that can be applied to the Vietnam market," he further opined.
The latest fundraising, which is part of the startup's Series C round, comes just four months after its undisclosed bridge round led by Vulpes Investment Management. The new funding would fuel Loship’s path to becoming Vietnam's leading one-hour-delivery e-commerce platform.
"We already have a winning playbook, and we look to expand it to more markets. Secondly, we know what we want to do with our product, and there are just 1 per cent of things that have been done. So, a huge portion of the funding will be poured into upgrading our app and increasing our tech capability. Also, we will ramp up marketing strategies to strengthen our foothold in the existing markets," stated the CEO.
Founded in 2017, Loship traces its roots back to Lozi , a review app allowing users to find food, beverage, and coffee shops, before transitioning into a one-hour-delivery services platform. Loship had earlier closed its Series A and B rounds from several investors, including South Korea's Smilegate Investment, Hana Financial Group, DTNI, Golden Gate Ventures, before announcing its Vulpes Investment Management-led bridge round in October 2020. The round was joined by DAAL Ventures and Wealth Well (Saudi Arabia-based VC Firms), Eucagi Ventures (Nigerian VC Firm), KI Group, and the vice president of Starbucks.
By Thanh Van
- Vietnam-based healthcare startup raises $5m from Singaporean fund
- Dog-walking startup Wag raised $300 million. Then things got messy
- Vietnam gov't mulls legal framework for crowdfunding: report
- E-commerce websites have something new to worry about in the UAE
- Can Kuwait's delivery heroes inspire startup scene?
- Foreign investors flock to Vietnam’s exponential growth e-learning market
- Vietnam’s IT industry catches foreign investors’ attention
- Wag raised $300 million. Then things got messy.
- Alexis Ohanian's VC firm raises new $225M fund
- Can this two-year-old startup be Africa's Paypal
- Ex-Microsoft COO Kevin Turner emerges at helm of secretive blockchain startup co-founded by former Myspace CTO
- Amazon’s Next-Day Delivery Has Brought Chaos And Carnage To America’s Streets — But The World’s Biggest Retailer Has A System To Escape The Blame
Vietnam's delivery e-commerce startup Loship raises funds from Skype co-founder have 455 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.