Hanoi (VNA) – A Vietnam ese delegation led by Director General of the Vietnam Environment Administration Nguyen Van Tai attended the fifth session of the UN Environment Assembly (UNEA-5) held virtually on February 22-23.
The overall theme of UNEA-5 is "Strengthening Actions for Nature to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals ".
The theme calls for strengthened action to protect and restore nature and nature-based solutions to achieve the SDGs in its three complementary dimensions (social, economic and environmental).
The delegates discussed the implementation of the UN General Assembly's Resolution 73/333 on strengthening global environmental law and governance, and considered the organisation of a special session celebrating the 50th anniversary of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) in March.
The remaining agenda items of the UNEA-5 are expected to be discussed in-person from February 28 to March 2.
UNEA-5 provides member states and stakeholders with a platform for sharing and implementing successful approaches that contribute to the achievement of the environmental dimension of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, including the goals related to the eradication of poverty and sustainable patterns of consumption and production.
Vietnam also attended the fifth meeting of the Open-ended Committee of Permanent Representatives (OECPR-5) held online from February 15-17, in preparation for UNEA-5.
The UNEA is the world's highest-level decision-making body on the environment, with a universal membership of all 193 member states. Through its ministerial declaration and resolutions, the Assembly provides leadership, catalyzes intergovernmental action on the environment, and contributes to the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The UNEA is also the governing body of the UNEP. It has had four sessions starting in 2014, and was preceded by the Governing Council of the UN Environment Programme, which was composed of 58 member states./.
- Here are the Bruins prospects attending development camp
- Let employees select trade shows to attend (but retain veto rights)
- Must-Attend Marketing Conferences For Leaders In 2014
- Rip up the script when assembling a modern security team
- 8 reasons LinuxCon is a must-attend event
- Key Sessions at CISO Executive Summit 2011
- IT managers can fight employee burnout by building the right workplace environment
- Spanish GP circuit has not yet agreed to host race in 2020
- Cisco Live 2013 highlights: Cisco ONE, UCS Director, UCS Central, and more
- VBA FINAL : Saigon Heat beat Cantho Catfish
- Cisco Live: A network engineer's thoughts on the event
- Saigon Heat lift VBA title for the first time
Vietnam attends fifth session of UN Environment Assembly have 398 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.