The Education Centre for Nature Vietnam (ENV) on April 3rd officially launched a film-making contest, “Say no to bear bile”, to raise people’s awareness and encourage them to protect bears in Vietnam.
The contest also aims to appeal for Vietnamese individuals’ and organisations’ direct participation in wildlife protection.
Entries will be video clips including messages to call upon people not to use bear bile. The most outstanding works will be posted on the website, www.thiennhien.org/baovegau and the most voted entry and entry with excellent message will be presented with iPads. The list of best contestants will be announced on July 16th.
At present, various bear species in Vietnam are in danger of extinction due to people’s exploitation to satisfy their needs. According to Tran Viet Hung, the Media Director of ENV, “It’s people’s habit of using bear bile that put bear species at risk of extinction”. “To completely stop the habit, all of us should join hands in this campaign of saying no to bear bile and products made from other parts of bears”, added Hung.
Over the past years, ENV has made and broadcasted many short films to call upon people not to use bear bile and products made from parts of bears.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Vile bear bile farms see cute cubs' bladders drained in 'barbaric' practice
- Viewers of BBC2's Bears about the House are left 'heartbroken' after five-month-old cubs David and Jane go missing from sanctuary in a targeted attack - just weeks after being rescued
- Simone Biles, Carlos Correa, and Slim Thug named brand ambassadors of 'Mask Up' campaign
- NASA re-establishes communication with Perseverance rover following a signal loss just two hours after it launched for Mars - and officials say 'all signs point to good health'
- Kanye West says he has been trying to DIVORCE Kim since she met rapper Meek Mill in a hotel room, calls her a white supremacist and dubs his mother in law 'Kris Jong Un' in another late night Twitter meltdown amid grave concerns for his mental health
- Tame the Russian bear: MPs call on Britain to face up to Moscow after 'badly underestimating' Russian threat for years as dossier reveals Kremlin waged campaign of hacking, disinformation and political meddling
- University Challenge viewers are divided over contestant's move to use a HAND to silence her teammate when he tried to confer (but she was just stopping him from breaking the rules)
- SpaceX NASA launch recap after rocket carrying two astronauts lifts off and enters orbit
- Mars launch: NASA sends Perseverance rover to space
- Vietnamese Talent Awards 2020 launched in Hanoi
- Rapido Launches Back Shields For Bike Taxi Road Captains In Order To Enhance Covid-19 Safety
- Donald Trump says 'what big tech is doing is very bad' as Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, Apple's Tim Cook and Google's Sundar Pichai are questioned by Congress on their 'monopolies'
"Say no to bear bile" contest launched have 477 words, post on at April 3, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.