Tuyen Quang (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on February 23 launched a tree planting campaign in the northern mountainous province of Tuyen Quang which is a former revolutionary base.
In his remarks, PM Phuc highlighted Tuyen Quang’s advantages for forestry development, saying over the past years, the province has made outstanding performance in forestation, forest protection and forestry-based economic development in tandem with new-style rural area building.
Environmental protection is the responsibility of all people, he said, adding that tree planting and preservation is one of the practical activities to ensure sustainable development.
The Government has joined hands with localities nationwide in this regard, aiming to maintain forest coverage at 42 percent, and raise the export revenue of timber and forestry products to at least 14 billion USD this year, and over 20 billion USD in 2025, the PM continued.
He called on administrations at all levels, departments, agencies and ethnic groups in Tuyen Quang province to respond to the tree planting festival initiated by President Ho Chi Minh in the spring of 1960.
PM Phuc assigned the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to assist the province in implementing relevant programmes and projects, and suggested Tuyen Quang combine forestation and forest preservation with eco-tourism.
The same day, the PM attended a ceremony announcing Tuyen Quang city as a second-tier urban area, a subordinate administrative unit of Tuyen Quang province.
Speaking at the event, PM Phuc said Tuyen Quang city plays a significant role as a political and socio-economic centre of the province, and a hub of transport and infrastructure of the northeastern and northwestern regions.
He asked the city to spur socio-economic development, while ensuring national defence and security and environmental protection.
Tuyen Quang city needs to make greater efforts in order to win the status of first-tier city in 2030, the government leader said./.
- PM launches tree planting campaign in Yen Bai
- PM launches tree-planting campaign
- Tree-planting festival launched in Tuyen Quang province
- PM, Vice President launches New Year tree-planting campaigns
- Vice President launches New Year tree-planting festival in Phu Tho
- Michael Gove reveals his 'deep regret' at taking cocaine on 'several occasions at social events more than 20 years ago' but says it should not 'disqualify' him from being next Prime Minister
- Ethiopians plant more than 200 million trees in a single day in bid to restore landscape
- Volunteers plant timber trees for Nam Định schools
- Residents from parts of Fukushima plant hometown allowed to return after Japan lifts evacuation
- Pakistan military launches ground attack on militants in North Waziristan
- Would you give up Amazon Prime shipping to save the planet?
- Rocket Report: Starlink flies, OneWeb has next mega-constellation launch
Prime Minister launches tree planting campaign in Tuyen Quang province have 452 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.