The event was previously expected to take place on February 25-26 (on the 14th-15th days of the first lunar month) at the District 5's Cultural Center.
Nguyen Tieu Festival was recognised as a national intangible cultural heritage in last January. The festival is considered the biggest and most important cultural event of a year of the Chinese-Vietnamese community in Vietnam. Nguyen Tieu festival featuring Chinese specialties, historical relics and cuisine culture is the occasion for them to preserve their cultural identity.
The lanter festival is usually celebrated on the fifteenth day of the first lunar month. Many interesting cultural activities like musical performances, the kylin and dragon dances, folk games, an exhibition of calligraphy paintings and a Chinese food fair will take place during the festival.
By Ho Son – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Telluride Colorado's 2009 Summer Activities and Festivals
- Michael Douglas, 75, talks getting older and worrying about his daredevil 19-year-old son Dylan
- Manchester International Festival 2009 Hits Town in July With Elbow, Damon Albarn & Kraftwerk
- Over 400 Pench tourists suffer as Mahaonline cancels bookings
- Only two couples sign up for 'Karwa Chauth' train, special service to be cancelled
- Is Hosting a Tea Party Canceled This Holiday Season? Eleven Ways to Have a Holiday Tea Party Cheap
- At Rs 91,916 crore, Sept GST collections hit a rock bottom, lowest in 19 months
- What's For Dinner? 30-Minute Menus For Week of Oct 19
- Celebrating 20 Wacky Celebrations
- The Holiday of Halloween
- Hong Kong - The New Screen Content Hub During a Hubbub
- Prevent Identity Theft - 22 Simple Ways You Can Do This
Nguyen Tieu Festival cancelled due to Covid-19 have 247 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.