Almost 1,000 staff members of Ho Chi Minh City Eye Hospital have been tested for the novel coronavirus after a COVID-19 patient visited the infirmary prior to his diagnosis.
The mass sampling started on late Wednesday night and early Thursday morning.
It was conducted by medical centers in Ho Chi Minh City.
Given the complicated developments of the pandemic, the city's administration previously ordered the testing of all staff members of Ho Chi Minh City Eye Hospital in District 3, Ho Chi Minh City.
As of Thursday morning, 980 staff members of Ho Chi Minh City Eye Hospital had already been put through COVID-19 testing.
A COVID-19 patient had come to the infirmary before being confirmed positive for the coronavirus, said Nguyen Tri Dung, director of the Ho Chi Minh City Center for Disease Control.
Tang Chi Thuong, deputy director of the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper that this person is a relative of a patient being treated at Ho Chi Minh City Eye Hospital and tested positive for the novel coronavirus afterward.
This is not a new case but is one of 34 local COVID-19 infections that the Ministry of Health has confirmed since January 28, when a new wave hit Vietnam.
"Security cameras show that during contact with other ordinary patients, family members, and medical staff at the eye hospital, this person was wearing a face mask,” Thuong said.
“It is normal to check the hospital staff in order to ensure all are safe.”
Employees at Tan Son Nhat International Airport have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, most being members of a team in charge of unloading, arranging, and supervising luggage and cargos.
The municipal Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control had previously ordered the COVID-19 testing for all staff members at Tan Son Nhat following the detection of a cluster at Van Don International Airport in northern Quang Ninh Province last month.
Ho Chi Minh City has logged 34 domestic cases since, the majority traced back to the airport.
So airport staff who work directly with passengers are now tested on a daily basis.
Vietnam has documented 2,109 COVID-19 cases as of Thursday morning, with 1,480 recoveries and 35 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
- Society 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos In Ho Chi Minh City, there’s a music street called Nguyen Thien Thuat
- Lifestyle Vintage cars, motorbikes on display in Ho Chi Minh City In Vietnam, man asked to pay $0.0085 in bank debt
- Sports Canada eager to develop ice hockey in tropical Ho Chi Minh City US, Vietnam discuss opportunities for aviation cooperation
- Sports Runners raise money for pediatric heart surgeries at night marathon in Ho Chi Minh City Simplicity of life in Vietnam
- Sports Tuoi Tre organizes golf tourney to support start-ups in Vietnam Illegal car parking rife in downtown Ho Chi Minh City
- Sports Foreign sports gain popularity in Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City border guards receive new patrol boats, speedboats
- Sports First professional kart racing in Vietnam to begin in May 2019 Illegal car parking rife in downtown Ho Chi Minh City
- Sports Football inspires patriotism, national pride: Vietnam PM Elderly man beautifies Ho Chi Minh City alleys with murals
- Sports Ronaldo accepts fine for tax evasion, avoids jail Police subdue gun-carrying man at Ho Chi Minh City airport
- Sports Ronaldo accepts fine for tax evasion, avoids jail New hope as construction of Ho Chi Minh City metro resumes after Tet
- Sports Ronaldo accepts fine for tax evasion, avoids jail Ho Chi Minh City to launch design contest for makeover of downtown park
- Sports Vietnamese athletes find joy in post-pro life Ho Chi Minh City to launch first human milk bank at top maternity hospital
- Sports Facebook shocks Vietnamese TV operators with EPL streaming rights Illegal car parking rife in downtown Ho Chi Minh City
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football Ho Chi Minh City police launch special unit to combat street crime
- Sports Liverpool dish out new deals to ensure sustained success Shipping fees skyrocket in Ho Chi Minh City ahead of Tet
- Sports Liverpool dish out new deals to ensure sustained success Police subdue gun-carrying man at Ho Chi Minh City airport
- Sports Liverpool dish out new deals to ensure sustained success Smoothie stand of deaf, mute couple in Ho Chi Minh City
- Sports Liverpool dish out new deals to ensure sustained success Ho Chi Minh City administration riddled with vacancies
- Sports Ajax eliminate Ronaldo's Juve with scintillating display Ho Chi Minh City fair offers playground for doll lovers
- Sports Vietnamese athletes find joy in post-pro life Volunteers give flowers to strangers on Women’s Day in Ho Chi Minh City
Nearly 1,000 staff members of Ho Chi Minh City hospital tested for COVID-19 have 779 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.