Shares opened a new week on a negative note with all sectors falling deeply.
On the Hồ Chí Minh Stock Exchange, the benchmark VN-Index declined 3.16 per cent, equivalent to 35.64 points, to 1,091.27 points.
The market breadth turned into negative territory after increasing last week. In the morning session, 380 stocks went down with 14 stocks hitting the maximum daily loss of 7 per cent, while only 67 stocks increased.
The 30 large-cap tracker VN30-Index also lost 3.35 per cent, equivalent to nearly 40 points, to 1,096.27 points. Twenty-eight of 30 biggest stocks in the southern market fell, and only two stocks climbed.
Of which Vingroup JSC posted the biggest loss, down 4.19 per cent. Followed by Vietcombank (VCB) and Vinhomes JSC, which decreased by 4.3 per cent and 3.32 per cent, respectively.
Many other stocks witnessed a fall of more than 3 per cent like Vietinbank (CTG), VPBank (VPB), No Va Land Investment Group Corporation (NVL), Việt Nam Dairy Products JSC (VNM), and FPT Corporation (FPT).
On the Hà Nội Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index reported a small loss of 0.56 per cent, equivalent to just 1.25 points, to 222.59 points. The HNX30-Index also declined by 2.14 per cent to 331.75 points. VNS
- VN-Index opens week in the green
- Share market update: PSU bank shares fall; Allahabad Bank slips 4%
- VN stocks to head up in December, trade war concerns expected
- Stock market edges down in cautious session
- Stock market down as trade war escalates
- Dalal Street week ahead: Nifty signals loss of momentum, volatility likely to increase
- Dalal Street week ahead: Market done with exuberance; Nifty upside capped
- Share market update: FMCG shares mixed; GCPL jumps over 3%
- Share market update: Pharma shares gain; Piramal Enterprises up 1%
- Share market update: Metal shares shine; SAIL climbs 3%
- Share market update: Power shares up; Adani Transmissions jumps 6%
- Share market update: Auto shares in the red; Motherson Sumi down 2%
Market opens new week on a steep fall, VN-Index loses over 35.6 points have 292 words, post on bizhub.vn at February 8, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.