According to data released by the United States International Trade Commission, during the opening 11 months of last year, the US' imports for wooden furniture endured a decline of 0.6% to US$16.8 billion compared to the same period from 2019.
Vietnam remained as the largest supplier of wooden furniture to the United States throughout the reviewed period, with the export turnover reaching US$6.26 billion, a rise of 30.9% on-year.
The proportion of imports from the country accounts for 37.2% of the total import value, up 9% compared to last year's corresponding period.
Most notably, Vietnam is the largest market for bedroom furniture for the US, making up 49.7% of the US' total import value, followed by Malaysia, China, and Indonesia.
Nguyen Liem, chairman of Lam Viet Joint Stock Company, attributed this increase in US demand for wooden furniture to the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as it has forced many Americans to remain indoors and focus on activities such as renovating their homes and purchasing new furniture.
He emphasised that Vietnamese wood brands in the US market have significantly improved in recent years due to American people being willing to purchase Vietnamese wooden furniture at more expensive prices over similar products from the Chinese market.
Do Xuan Lap, chairman of the Vietnam Timber and Forest Products Association, pointed out that the wood industry's strategic export products in the US market will be kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets.
Due to this, Lap advised local firms to be aware of market changes and appropriate product strategies, while enhancing their competitiveness to deeper penetrate into the global supply in order to increase exports to the demanding market.
- Global Spur Gears Market Drivers, Trends and Opportunities 2019
- Connecticut's New Hemp Industry Beginning to Take Off
- Howard Center files lawsuit against opioid industry
- How Burning More Wood Could Fight California’s Wildfires
- Ethanol industry struggles under current policies
- Robertsdale pallet company Bay Wood acquired by industry leader
- Local agriculture helps Alaska’s economy, food security
- German exporters unfazed by weak dollar
- Gov. Polis joins industry in promoting #BetterwithBeef
- Alaska’s mining industry breathes new life into our communities
- Car industry faces major challenges
- Bavaria's wood-carvers struggle to keep tradition alive
Local wood industry to capitalise on export opportunities to US have 355 words, post on vov.vn at February 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.