One of the most exciting PS5 features, along with its near-instant loading times, is its ability to support ray tracing. For those who are unfamiliar, ray tracing is a complicated rendering technique that produces more realistic lighting effects by imitating light in a natural environment. It can be quite taxing even on powerful PCs, but on the PS5 ray tracing is enabled for a number of different titles already, some of which are the best PS5 games you can play.
Most games that feature quality and performance modes only support ray tracing in their quality modes (these will sometimes be referred to as a favor graphics mode, resolution mode, or quality mode). If you choose a mode that favors performance (sometimes referred to as its frame rate mode), you usually won’t be getting ray tracing. There are exceptions to this rule, like Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition, which offers ray tracing capabilities in both its graphics and performance modes. In this case you may see discrepancies with how ray tracing is implemented and how well, but it still renders for both.
List of PS5 games with ray tracing
|Game||PS5 Ray tracing||Resolution||Frame rate w/ ray tracing|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War||Yes||Dynamic 4K||60FPS|
|Control Ultimate Edition||Yes||1440p||30FPS|
|Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition||Yes (Performance and Graphics)||1080p (Performance) 4K (Graphics)||60FPS (Performance and Graphics)|
|Dirt 5||Yes||Dynamic 4K||60FPS|
|Gran Turismo 7*||Yes||4K||60FPS|
|Observer: System Redux||Yes||—||—|
|Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart*||Yes||Dynamic 4K||30FPS|
|Resident Evil Village*||Yes||Dynamic 4K||—|
|Ride 4||Yes||Dynamic 4K||60FPS|
|Spider-Man: Miles Morales||Yes||4K||60FPS|
|Spider-Man Remastered||Yes||Dynamic 4K||60FPS|
|Watch Dogs: Legion||Yes||4K||30FPS|
*Unreleased games/updates that the developers have confirmed will support PS5 ray tracing. Anticipated resolution and frame rates may change at launch.
We’ve also compiled a list of every PS5 game that supports DualSense haptic feedback and adaptive triggers along with a list of PS5 games that support 120FPS . If you’ve yet to test out what the DualSense can truly do, I highly recommend checking out Astro’s Playroom, which comes packed in with every PS5 console. It’s a masterful showcase of the incredible engineering Sony pulled off.
PlayStation Store Gift Card
Good for any number of games, DLC, and more
If any of the above games interest you or you think they’d be the perfect gift for someone you know, pick up a PlayStation Store gift card and download them directly to your console.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more .
The price and release date of the Pixel 6 seems to have been accidentally revealed by a German retailer, and it’s much more affordable than you might think.
The Android 12 source code was pushed out, but we’re still waiting for it to arrive on Pixels, and the betas for other Android OEMs are only starting to heat up. No company has announced a final release date for its phones yet, but we know which phones will get Android 12, when the betas will arrive, and when we expect them to get the final release.
Horizon Forbidden West follows Aloy as she explores west into the former U.S. This new title from Guerrilla Games is showing off just what the PS5 hardware is capable of. Here’s everything you need to know.
Streaming games is a huge deal these days, and you need to have the best equipment possible when you do. So we gathered the best stuff around, just for you!
- Drew Remenda on the Sharks: Which player will add his name to list of Game 7 heroes?
- Justin Verlander outpitches Blake Snell, Houston Astros cruise past Tampa Bay Rays 5-1
- Free Rays Fan Fest coming to Tropicana Field on Feb. 9
- Brandon Lowe and Kevin Kiermaier combine to drive in 6 runs to help Rays beat Rockies 7-1
- Chris Sale drops to 0-5 as Tampa Bay Rays beat Boston Red Sox 5-2
- Brett Gardner helps New York Yankees rout Tampa Bay Rays 13-5
- Jalen Beeks comes in, pitches Tampa Bay Rays over sliding Kansas City Royals 5-2
- Project Scorpio Will Use Supersampling as a “Boost Mode” for Xbox One Games
- PlayStation 4 Pro Launch Day: 4K Gaming Arrives to the Console Masses
- More “PS4K” Rumours: $499, 4K Blu-Ray Player, Arriving Q1 2017
- The Rays Are a Surrealist’s Delight
- Yankees Beat Rays With a Taste of Their Own Medicine
- Broncos Briefs: Healthy Shane Ray, Su’a Cravens inactive vs. Cleveland Browns
- OF Tommy Pham says Rays have no fanbase
- Stephen Curry closing in on Reggie Miller, Ray Allen on all-time 3’s list
- Tommy Pham: 'Truth hurts' about Rays' fan support, hopeful attendance improves
- Rays' Tommy Pham unhappy with team's fanbase
- Rays' Tommy Pham unhappy with team's fan base
- Fever Ray is more alive than ever on the wild, thrilling
- MLB roundup: Yankees win game, lose Judge to injury
List of every PS5 game that supports ray tracing have 997 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at February 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.