HCM CITY — Primary schools in HCM City are adopting various online learning tools and resources amid the school closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Nguyễn Lệ Thanh Tuyền, a first-grade teacher at the Đống Đa primary school in Tân Bình District, said teachers were using videos, PDFs and Word documents to design lessons.
Video lessons were uploaded on the school's website and parents can download them, she said.
Teachers also designed homework assignments on Word and sent them to parents on social networks, she said.
Most parents were co-operative and arranged time after work to download the lessons, she added.
This approach combining offline lessons and discussions on social networks between teachers and parents is preferred by many primary schools since young kids can find online classes with dozens of students difficult to focus on.
A principal at a primary school in District 6 said teachers uploaded video lessons of all subjects on the school's website every Monday and students would have to submit their homework within a week.
Parents could opt for weekday evenings or weekends to help their children with it, the principal said.
Other primary schools offer daily online classes, but many parents have a legitimate complaint that it is hard for them to sit with their children in the morning and afternoon since they are busy at work.
Từ Quốc Tuấn, principal of Lương Định Của primary school in District 3, said that only important subjects such as mathematics, Vietnamese and foreign languages were taught online for first, second and third graders to keep their workload down.
“It is tough for young students to focus on online classes without adults' assistance,” he said.
“Offline video lessons make it easier for parents to arrange time to help their kids,” he added.
The city Department of Education and Training said online learning was designed using various tools and resources and delivered at the most convenient time for students. —VNS
- Share of £15,000 prize pot up for grabs by north-east primary schools
- How to make online learning work for you
- Online learning happens at virtual schools in Wisconsin
- Online enrollment for KCPS Signature Schools begins today
- Pennsylvania's new list of struggling schools looks beyond usual suspectsYou may also be interested in...
- ‘Far from perfect’: Midlands districts react to report card, school ratings
- City Recommends Teaching 'All Genders' Can Start Periods in Sex-Ed Equality Campaign
- State ratings identify 163 Colorado schools in need of improvement
- Olmsted Falls City Schools' Celebrating Differences Week returns to district
- When Schools Use Child Protective Services As A Weapon Against Parents
- The Mayor and the F.B.I. Raid: Atlantic City Is Stained Once Again
- Wish Book 2018: Nonprofit finds tomorrow’s scientists in low-income schools
HCM City primary schools flexible with their online learning have 459 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.