HCM City (VNA) – The Export-Import Bank of the Republic of Korea ( KEXIM ) has asked Ho Chi Minh City 's authorities for permission to conduct an investment study for Phase 2 of Metro Line No. 5 , set to be carried out in the public-private partnership (PPP) format.
In its letter sent to the Chairman of the municipal People's Committee and the city's Management Authority for Urban Railways (MAUR), KEXIM said it will soon provide funding for the update of the project's pre-feasibility study, which covers technical, financial, and legal aspects, according to the MAUR.
The bank noted that members of the research group and participating investors have experience in building and operating urban railway routes, including Metro Line No. 9 of the RoK's Seoul capital, in the PPP format.
The MAUR said it had a working session on January 19 with some investors and consultancies from the RoK to discuss the study and related orientations for the project.
The Korean side, including KEXIM and some businesses and consultancies, presented the plan to update the pre-feasibility study, whose final version is expected to be submitted by the end of 2021.
The pre-feasibility study for Phase 2 of Metro Line No. 5 was previously financed by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA). However, due to certain objective reasons, the project was unable to be funded through official development assistance (ODA) loans, but the PPP format.
The 23.39km-long Metro Line No. 5 is developed in two phases.
The first one, from the Bay Hien intersection to Sai Gon Bridge, is about 8.8km long and invested with around 1.66 billion USD. It is funded with ODA capital from the Spanish Government, the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the European Investment Bank (EIB), and the German development bank KfW.
Meanwhile, Phase 2 is about 14.5km long./.
- Toyota and World Resources Institute explore improved connectivity to Bangalore Metro
- Detroit Scam City: How The Red Wings Took Hockeytown For All It Had
- Andhra Pradesh woos South Korean auto industry
- Trump backs CEOs, proposes easing corporate reporting rules
- The history of Audi - picture special
- TBL: Creighton baseball coach Ed Servais excited for future, wants Big East scheduling changes
- Crunch watch Dec 08: the auto industry in crisis
- Bill Ford Warns The World Should Cut Down On Driving
- 2014 Renault EOLAB Concept
- The Raiders Robbed Las Vegas In America's Worst Stadium Deal
- Bye-Bye, Buses: Autonomous Shuttles May Soon Upend Public Transportation
- Crunch watch Feb 09: the auto industry in crisis
HCM City: Korean bank proposes investment study for Metro Line No. 5 have 417 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.