|Export volume during the Lunar New Year holiday increased by almost 80 per cent against the year prior|
The latest data published by the General Department of Vietnam Customs showed that export volume over the seven days (February 10-16) of the Lunar New Year holiday reached $730 million, rising 79 per cent on-year and accounting for about 44 per cent of the $1.67 billion export-import turnover.
The main export articles include mobile devices and components valued at $332 million; computer and electronic products worth $251 million. The two categories accounted for 80 per cent of the total export value.
This Lunar New Year saw exports going to 80 markets, seven more than last year. China continues to be the leading export market with a value of $189 million (26 per cent). Following are the US ($152 million), South Korea ($67 million), and Hong Kong ($57 million).
According to statistics from the General Department of Vietnam Customs, there were 960 import-export businesses, up 59 per cent on-year. Nevertheless, importers still outnumbered exporters with an import turnover of $940 million, up 37 per cent on-year.
Thus, from early this year to February 16, the total export-import turnover reached $74.51 billion, up 31 per cent on-year. Of this, exports hit $38.57 billion, up 36 per cent on-year while imports reached $35.94 billion, up 26 per cent, resulting in a trade surplus of $2.63 billion.
By Van Anh
- Connecticut Chinese Family to Be Deported on Lunar New Year After 20 Years in U.S.
- Xinhua Headlines: Lunar New Year consumption mirrors China's economic strength
- Vietnam Nat'l Football Coach Park Hang-seo Returns Home for Lunar New Year
- Where to Celebrate Chinese New Year Around the World
- When Is the Chinese New Year? How to Celebrate the 2018 Year of the Dog
- 'Racist' Blackface Chinese New Year TV Sketch Sparks Worldwide Outrage
- Textile-garment exports seen at $35b this year
- Forest products surpasses seafood in export value
- Australian Mint releases coin for Chinese New Year, Year of the Rat
- Feature: Grand Chinese New Year celebration held in London
- Who Is Nian? The Mythical Beast That Ate Children and Started Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year celebrations send festive vibes across Rome
Export value skyrockets over Lunar New Year have 326 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.