Da Nang City received more than 30,000 visitors, mainly domestic tourists, on the lunar New Year from February 10-16, just reaching 40 percent compared to last year.
Meanwhile the Dong Loc T-junction historical site in Ha Tinh Province's Can Loc District welcomed about 6,000-7,000 people since the first day of the first lunar month, accounting for 60 percent of the number in the previous year.
According to Head of the Management Board of the Huong Tich Pagoda in the province, Nguyen Duy Vy said that the national historic site saw a sharp drop in tourist arrivals and greeted around 7,000 pilgrims. In addition, Huong Tich pagoda festival which is annually organized from the early first lunar month has been canceled to prevent the spread of the pandemic.
Huong Tich Pagoda was built during the Tran Dynasty in the 13th century at 1,000 meters above sea level. The pagoda was heavily damaged by fire in 1885 and was rebuilt in 1901. The pagoda was recognized as national historical and cultural relics in 1990.
Similarly, attractions in the flower city of Da Lat in the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong which were traditionally crowded with tourists saw very low number of visitors in these days. The room capacity is below 30 percent.
According to the Tourist Supporting Center of Vung Tau City in the southern coastal province of Ba Ria – Vung Tau, more than 100,000 visitors came to the city in seven days on Tet, presenting a decrease of 72 percent compared to the last period. While the Cam Mountain Tourist Area in the Mekong Delta province of An Giang received about 40,000-50,000 travelers, down 50 percent compared to the same period last year.
In another hand, Ca Mau Province saw a mass cancellation of tours, the numbers of visitors and tourism revenue decline over 56 and 71 percent respectively, said Director of the provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Tran Hieu Hung.
By staff writers – Translated by Kim Khanh
- More than 600,000 British tourists on holiday in Spain now a face two-week 'house arrest' quarantine amid scramble to return home after bombshell axing of 'air bridge' - throwing their working lives into fresh disarray
- ‘We feel safer in Fuerteventura than Blackburn’: The British tourists who are still flying out to Spain so they don't lose their money - despite Boris's second wave warning and need to quarantine when they get back
- Spanish PM says quarantine is 'unjust' and claims tourists will be SAFER in his country than in the UK after FCO changed contradictory advice and urges Brits not to travel to islands
- New quarantine rule for holidaymakers returning from Spain is expected to be introduced TONIGHT! Holiday chaos as UK tourists will have to isolate for two weeks due to fresh Covid outbreak
- Setting the royal example: King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain mask-up as 'second wave' fears grow after the country announced 2,255 more cases in 24 hours - just 200 down from yesterday
- Mallorca's cocaine dealers are offering free face masks and hygienic snorting straws with drugs to Britons at holiday hotspot of Palma
- Thousands of tourists cancel tours nationwide
- When is the air bridge review and what countries could be added?
- With no British tourists, cash-strapped Portugal fights for survival amid pandemic
- Vacant storefronts uncommon at Sioux Falls’ Empire Mall
- RS Country Music Picks: Week of July 27th
- ‘I’m not scared of corona – I work in Asda’: Defiant British tourists brush off Covid fears in Spain as beaches are shut amid second-wave cases surge and the disease reappears in Marbella
Destinations across country see sharp fall in number of tourists on Tet holidays have 574 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.