Speaking at a meeting between the permanent cabinet members and the standing members of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control on February 24, the minister said localities around the country have performed well in implementing prevention and control measures.
As of the morning of February 24, Vietnam had 2,403 COVID-19 infections, with 1,760 recoveries. Ten localities hit by the latest outbreak have now gone many days without new cases, he noted.
In Hai Duong, the pandemic is now under sound control with faster testing and contact tracing.
He said that SARS-CoV-2 variants found in cases in Vietnam include the 20C variant, which was contracted by a Japanese patient found dead in Hanoi earlier this month and another recent case in the capital. This variant is mostly found in the Republic of Korea, India, and Taiwan (China), but not Japan. Its infection speed is not high, while its strength is yet to be determined.
The SARS-CoV-2 variant found in Hai Duong originated from the UK and South Africa, while that in Quang Ninh was also detected in the UK.
The minister asked localities to continue applying preventive measures against the pandemic in line with the Prime Minister's Directive No 05, while paying greater attention to supervising medical facilities and patients exhibiting fevers and coughs as well as foreign experts and people entering the country from abroad.
- Vietnam stands firm amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Iran Says 10,000 Medics Infected as Virus Fears Rise in Mideast
- With 1,752 COVID-19 cases, India sees biggest single-day jump; toll 723
- Japan ends its COVID-19 state of emergency
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 22
- Japan plunges into recession as US states start opening up
- Coronavirus LIVE updates: Reopening schools in Europe 'has not been harmful', evidence shows
- Anyone over the age of FIVE with coronavirus symptoms can now apply for a test, Matt Hancock announces, hours after Sturgeon gazumps him again with same announcement
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 26
- Europe relaxes restrictions as Japan announces end of emergency
- Japan ends its state of emergency
- Coronavirus lockdown: Here is how European countries are easing restrictions
COVID-19 under sound control nationwide: Health Minister have 338 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.