Cutting across multiple disciplines, the In Progress will introduce 12 interesting events ranging from exhibition, multisensory puppet show, film screenings to a workshop bridging art and education, a new engagement with an old art form, and many more. In the context that COVID-19 is still complicated, there is likely a change in time and organisation form for each event.
During the time of the program, from March to May 2021, the British Council will be closely monitoring the situation and ready to take necessary measures as well as cooperate with local government agencies to put all necessary measures in place. Follow the council's Website and Facebook for the update and further information about the 12 events.
With an aim of contributing to the enrichment of the cultural life of Vietnamese people by bringing diverse art and cultural events to the public; and to offer opportunity for cultural and creative hubs from different parts of the country to connect with each other and to work with artists and creative practitioners in designing and organising art and cultural events, in November 2020, under the Cultural and Creative Hubs Vietnam, the British Council launched an open call to the artistic and creative community for proposals to organise art and cultural events in all parts of Vietnam.
The response to the Open call has been overwhelming and 12 event proposals were selected to form In Progress that includes:
1. A visual art exhibition named 'Abracadabra' by Old Soul Art hub, Danang
2. A group exhibition 'Virtual Private Realms' by Vân Đỗ and Hà Ninh, Hanoi
3. A series of exhibition, discussion, and poetry reading 'I write (in Vietnamese)', by BlueBirds’ Nest, Hanoi
4. An experimental project with a library, an installation, a performance, workshops and talks 'A queer museum' by Đinh Thị Nhung, Hanoi
5. An educational concert and storytelling concert 'Mummy's Heart' by Phạm Thị Hoài Anh, Hanoi
6. A public art event 'Edge of the Citadel' by Mơ Đơ, Hue
7. A series of art for children workshops and training of trainers 'Listen to the Little Ones' by Đông Thanh creative learning hub and Vẽ Voi (Drawing Elephant) project, HCM City
8. A journey with films 'Như Trăng Trong Đêm' by the Centre for Assistance and Development of Movie Talents (TPD), HCM City
9. Hai Phong: A week of Culture and creativity by Cửa Biển creative and cultural hub, Hai Phong
10. A multisensory puppet show 'Little Peanut and the Sneeze Theory' by Mắt Trần Ensemble, Ninh Binh
11. A series of exhibition, mini concert, and audience-interactive activities 'Eyes of Xẩm' by Chèo 48h, Hanoi
12. A concert and film screening event 'Wandering/Sheltering' by The Empathy Museum, Hanoi
One of the challenges that In Progress posed to all participating artists and creatives was to reach out to the harder to reach groups, and to thrive to create tangible values for those who might not have previously been benefiting from independent artistic and cultural practices.
All 12 projects have taken up this challenge brilliantly by not only aiming to reach people who live outside of megacity areas, but also by demonstrating how the arts and culture can become effective vehicles in exploring, understanding and improving many aspects of life for a wide range of audiences of different age groups and backgrounds, thus contributing to enhance people's awareness and wellbeing.
In Progress is truly an unprecedented opportunity for creative hubs and cultural practitioners to connect with artists across the country and thereby reaching out of their areas to new groups of audiences, shared by Vu Thi Thanh Binh, project manager of Hai Phong: A week of Culture and creativity.
Meanwhile, Tran Duy Hung, project manager of 'Như Trăng Trong Đêm' has good expression that In Progress is an exciting project with a look of a festival. The program is highly valued for its diversity in the content, in form of presentation as well as difference in location of events. He does hope this will be a stepping stone for many similar programs from the British Council in the future.
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 10
- Covid-19 special: Discharged British man tests positive again
- Latest covid-19 news in Vietnam and Southeast Asia on April 7 (updated hourly)
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 14
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia (updated hourly)
- British pilot tests negative for COVID-19, condition still deteriorates
- British pilot tests positive again for COVID-19, condition deteriorates
- UN chief calls for Security Council unity over pandemic
- British pilot in Saigon exhibits positive signs after critical COVID-19 condition
- COVID-19: No new cases recorded, British pilot progressing
- Vietnam calls for security in Mali
- Alexa Chung lends her support to emerging British designers
British Council announces In Progress-series in Vietnam have 798 words, post on vov.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.