An overview of the conference (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations (VUFO) plans to step up peace, solidarity, and friendship activities with foreign countries, strategic and comprehensive partners, and international friends in 2021, heard a conference in Hanoi on January 14. The information was unveiled at the third conference of the presidium of the VUFO, during which delegates agreed that the union will enhance cooperation with partners in addressing the consequence of war, Agent Orange (AO)/dioxin, bombs and mines, natural disasters, and diseases. Information efforts will be boosted to mobilise international support for Vietnam’s stance on issues regarding sea and island sovereignty, among others. It will play a more active role in activities relating to the UN agenda on sustainable development by 2030 and will consider joining other major international mechanisms and forums in order to generate more support for the country. VUFO President Ambassador Nguyen Phuong Nga (Photo: VNA) Addressing the conference, VUFO President Ambassador Nguyen Phuong Nga said that amidst the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the union has overcome difficulties and strived to adapt to the new situation. Phan Anh Son, VUFO Vice President and Secretary General, said the union provided timely… Read full this story
- Friendship association assists Indian people with 100,000 masks
- Nobel peace prize given to only 12 women in 110 years. Now it's 15
- “Diary of Peace” – It’s never too late for peace
- Can COVID-19 open the door to peace-building in Syria?
- Khalilzad reaches out to Jaishankar on troubled Afghan peace process
- Jordan retakes lands leased by Israel in 1994 peace accord
- The global pandemic has spawned new forms of activism – and they’re flourishing
- Coronavirus: European solidarity comes at a price
- 3 African leaders: The smart step to fight the virus
- Vietnam actively contributes to maintaining regional, world peace and cooperation
VUFO to step up peace, solidarity, friendship activities have 303 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.