Addressing the meeting, Soeung Rathchavay, Secretary of State for the Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, said ASEAN senior officials agreed upon the agenda of the meeting under which ministers will discuss different topics on the promotion of ASEAN connectivity, including Thailand’s proposal on ASEAN+3 on connectivity partnership and 15 priority projects under the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity.
They will also debate the implementation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (DOC), including the outcomes of the ASEAN senior officials working group meeting on the Code of Conduct (COC) in the East Sea, the fourth ASEAN-China senior officials meeting on the DOC and the seventh ASEAN-China Joint Working Group on the COC.
The foreign ministers’ meeting was part of preparations for the ASEAN Summit scheduled to take place in March-April in Phnom Penh.
- Malaysia to host first ASEAN Digital Ministers' Meeting in January
- Tenth Mekong - RoK Foreign Ministers’ Meeting held virtually
- Vietnam visits by foreign leaders in 2020 amid COVID-19
- Syrian Foreign Minister Raises Hopes US Will Abandon Sanctions Under Biden Administration
- At regional meeting, Vietnamese FM says China’s actions in East Vietnam Sea ‘erode trust’
- Diplomatic efforts affirm Vietnam’s position in international arena amid COVID-19
- Vietnam, EU enjoy thriving relations over three decades
- Army should play active role in external affairs: Deputy Defence Minister
- Vietnam, EU look to augment strategic cooperation
- Germany announces €5mn contribution to COVID-19 ASEAN Response Fund
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 21
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 28
Vietnam attends ASEAN Foreign Minister’s Retreat have 243 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 15, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.