Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam welcomes positive political, security & socio-economic progress in Central Asia despite COVID-19 challenges and hopes the UN Regional Centre for Preventive Diplomacy for Central Asia (UNRCCA) will maintain its effective activities in the region, according to Ambassador Pham Hai Anh, Chargé d’Affaires a.i. at the Vietnamese mission to the UN.
Addressing the UN Security Council’s online meeting on UNRCCA operations on January 27, Anh expressed support for and appreciated the work of the centre and its head Natalia Gherman, describing the centre as the UN’s role model in promoting preventive diplomacy in the region.
Natalia, who is Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for Central Asia, reported to the meeting on the centre’s main activities since the council’s session in July 2020.
Specifically, the UNRCCA focused on supporting Central Asian countries in boosting political progress, particularly elections in Kyrgyzstan; responding to the pandemic; preventing terrorism, extreme violence, transnational crimes; adapting to climate change, and increasing women and youths’ engagement in preventive diplomacy.
The centre also continued fostering virtual high-level dialogue between Central African countries and Afghanistan and relevant regional organisations.
- Activists scramble to prevent Uighur man's deportation to China
- 2017 – one of most successful years of Vietnam’s diplomacy: Deputy PM
- Global press impressed by Vietnam’s high votes at UNSC
- Vietnam M&A Forum: Top ten deals in 2009-2018
- Vietnam – Australia Joint Statement
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- Party chief’s visit to tighten Vietnam’s strategic connectivity with Russia
- Vietnam looks towards strategic partnership with New Zealand
Vietnam appreciates UN Centre for Preventive Diplomacy for Central Asia’s operations have 315 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.