A collection of three short films by Vietnamese independent documentary filmmakers will be presented at the Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam on January 15. HÀ NỘI A collection of three short films by independent Vietnamese documentary filmmakers will be presented at the Japan Foundation Centre for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam tomorrow. The screening is the opening event of DOC CICADA 2021: The Southeast Asian Journal (No.2): Short Films Screening and Talk with Varan Vietnam’s Directors. Varan Vietnam is a group of Vietnamese independent documentary filmmakers following and practising a direct documentary style. Madam Phụng’s Last Journey (director Nguyễn Thị Thắm, 2014) and Finding Phong (director Trần Phương Thảo & Swann Dubus, 2015) are two most notable Varan Vietnam’s films that have been distributed at commercial theatres. The screening on Friday will feature Kiên (2006, director Đào Thanh Tùng), Bụi (2005, director Nguyễn Thị Thúy Quyên), and The Lion Dance (2005, director Đào Mộng Long). The programme is in Vietnamese, with English subtitles for the films and interpretation for the talk. The Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam is at 27 Quang Trung Street. VNS
- Shamdat Sainudeen’s short film is a family affair
- SXSW Unveils Lineup Of Midnighters, Festival Favorites, Shorts, Episodic Pilots And More
- 8 Bollywood filmmakers who directed Hollywood films
- A Weinstein Accuser, A Miramax Bidder, A Top Broadway Director And Hollywood’s Premier Songwriter Created The First #MeToo Musical – And Then Covid Arrived
- Tom Cruise takes to the Grand Canal for Mission: Impossible 7 boat scene with Simon Pegg as filming winds down on troubled Venice set
- Gay Berlin: a guide to clubs, bars, culture and drag shows
- Jennifer Lopez, 51, tries on a long blonde WIG in her wig room as she talks her 'cool' style: 'I like when things match - that's my Bronx sensibility'
- As ‘Resident Evil’ Nears $1 Billion, Paul W.S. Anderson & Jeremy Bolt Set ‘Monster Hunter’: Q&A
- John Wick 2 Director Talks Creating the Perfect Sequel | EXCLUSIVE
- Alan Rickman tributes: ‘Behind his careless elegance... there was a superhero’
Short film screening and talk with directors have 339 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.