The street, boasting plenty of stores selling decorative Lunar New Year (Tet) items, is typically packed at this time.
Tet, Vietnam’s biggest holiday, peaks on Feb. 12 this year.
It is also a favored destination among photographers.
Nam, who lives in Nha Be District, said this was his first time visiting the street to take pictures, and that shop owners were very welcoming.
Zeni Vuova (in red), a Czech visitor, and Aleksandra Praszczak Vel Tracz (in pink) from Poland said they were really excited to take photos in Vietnam’s traditional ao dai.
Hai Thuong Lan Ong Street starts pushing Lunar New Year decorations right after Christmas. It sells mainly wedding items during non-holiday periods.
The street offers a great backdrop for even professional camerapersons.
Quang (in red), a shop owner on Hai Thuong Lan Ong Street, said most people do not really mind photos being taken in front of their stores, as long as it does not affect other customers.
Dat (in black), a shop assistant, said film crews also came here to shoot music videos.
Lanterns, garlands, faux flowers and li xi (lucky money) envelopes can all be found on the street.
Hai Thuong Lan Ong Street becomes especially crowded during rush hour. Visitors can park their motorbikes at nearby Kim Bien Market for VND7,000 ($0.30).
- Hundred of thousands descend on London to thwart Britain's plan to leave European Union
- The 25 Most-Ticketed Denver Streets in 2018
- Police raid Detroit's Lincoln Street Art Park following Freep narc
- Tampa Theatre announces Nightmare on Franklin Street Halloween movie lineup
- ‘It has a story to tell’: How a descendant of Napoleon’s willow tree took root on a Seattle hillside
- South Carolina slave descendants used to riding out storms
- ‘A Man Who Was Also There Waiting Descended on the Bike at the Same Time I Did.’
- Amazon's 'The Romanoffs' follows descendants of Russian royals
- Colonial descendant Aliene Humphries promotes history appreciation and preservation
- Birds descend on Russellville
- Women's March: Activists descend on Chicago to send GOP message
- Trio of national Democrats descend on N.H. in one weekend
Saigonese descend on Tet merch street have 337 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.