According to the Electricity and Renewable Energy (EREA) under the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT), among these households, 153,911 or 0.74 percent have yet to access electricity, while the rest are using unstable power sources.
|At the conference. Photo: congthuong|
The program will also bring electricity to 2,638 small- and medium-sized pumping stations in 13 Mekong Delta localities, while working to help a number of islands join the national grid or access renewable electricity sources.
On December 13, 2018, the Prime Minister issued Decision 1740/QD-TTg approving the target program. Seventeen communes, with 9,890 villages and 1.05 million households expected to benefit. Specifically, until 2020, the program hoped to supply stable power services to households in the areas from the national power grid, new and renewable power resources with a target of giving power access to almost all rural households.
The total cost of the program was about 30.11 trillion VND (1.3 billion USD) sourced from the central and local budgets, the Electricity of Vietnam, non-refundable ODA, preferential loans.
As heard at the conference, during the five-year period, the program helped all 17 communes access electricity. It granted power access to 204,737 households and five islands.
Speaking at the event, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Dang Hoang An said 99.26 percent of rural households had access to electricity as of December 31 in 2019.
An said due to financial limits, the program faces a 81.5 percent shortage of its investment demand and could not fulfil a goal of giving power access to almost all rural households in 2020.
Bui Quoc Hung, deputy head of the EREA, said the investment shortage is about 26 trillion VND for the 2021-2025 period.
He said the MoIT has submitted a plan proposing the use of preferential loans from the World Bank and Asian Development Bank for the program.
- COVID-19: Mojec donates relief materials, targets 20,000 households in Nigeria
- Electric cars are about to start rolling out of the Arizona desert
- Power Exchange India to launch real time market for electricity
- Boris Johnson Leaves Open Possibility of Amending Rule Blocking Migrant’s Access to Universal Credit
- Alaska bill integrating electric utilities signed into law
- U.S., Canada drawn in same group at 2021 men’s hockey worlds
- Costly electric vehicles confront a harsh coronavirus reality
- Toyota in pole position as Warsaw kick-starts electric car road trip
- Over half of Vietnam’s population expected to choose online shopping in 2025
- Half of Vietnamese populace to adopt online shopping by 2025: master plan
- Volkswagen AG pumps 2 billion euros into China electric vehicle bet, buys stakes in 2 firms
- GM says it is 'almost there' on million-mile electric vehicle battery
Over 870.000 households to access electricity in 2021-2025 have 411 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.