Our world dancing on the precipice: a time for introspection and change. Photo: Shutterstock However, it is but one chapter in a greater unfolding tragedy of climate emergency, massive biodiversity loss and rapidly-growing inequalities. The damage this could wreak on us all is enormous, far bigger than anything we have experienced so far. We have disregarded these underlying issues for too long. Before the coronavirus, we were content to ignore what the science was telling us. Nearly 30 years after the Rio Earth Summit, when climate change and biodiversity were put on the United Nations agenda, there have been many worthy reports, initiatives, and declarations. All were well-intentioned but in truth, all the reasoned argument, science, and ambition have not moved us on much. I would say that over the past few years, there has been an increasing recognition of the need to act. A recognition that we have been content to think about the flows of benefits nature and society give our economies, but that we have not paid attention to maintaining the stock of natural and social wealth that give rise to these flows. As a result, we have eroded to dangerous levels the things we depend on… Read full this story
- On Basketball: It's time to change the NBA draft rules
- The Latest: Mega view of the World Cup in Times Square
- France vs. Croatia, 2018 World Cup: TV Time, Channel And Livestream Info
- Future of Football: Is it time to change America’s favorite sport?
- College World Series 2018: Time/ TV/live stream info for Day 1 in Omaha
- College World Series 2018: Time/ TV/live stream info for Day 2 in Omaha
- World Cup: Anderson detects big change in England’s Marcus Rashford
- Loew admits mistakes in World Cup debacle, makes few changes to squad
- Opinion: Times are changing, and so is football
- Watch Infiniti Red Bull Racing set a world record pitstop time in Malaysia
Our world dancing on the precipice: a time for introspection and change have 319 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.