Minister Dao Ngoc Dung gives Tet gifts to veterans and policy beneficiaries in Lao Cai Province on January 22.Dung praised the efforts and achievements of the authorities and local people in Bat Xat District and Trinh Tuong Commune in the past economic development works. The roads and the headquarters of the state agencies and village common houses have all been upgraded.
“The Covid-19 support package has been distributed accurately and quickly to the poor and policy beneficiaries,” Dung said. “Other residents are also given financial support for their electricity bills amid Covid-19. Even though life is hard right now, I still see everyone smiling and being optimistic.”
According to Dung, 2020 was a difficult year but Vietnam was still able to develop its economy while fighting Covid-19 thanks to unity from the community, directives from the country’s leaders. Lao Cai Province is a prime model, he said.
Nguyen Van Vinh, former party secretary of Lao Cai, gave high regards and expressed gratitude for the attention to the ethnic minority groups in the province.
Minister Dao Ngoc Dung gave Tet gifts worth VND2m (USD86) each to 50 people who contributed during the wars and 100 gifts worth VND1m each to the poor households. He also donated VND100m from the ministry’s Union Fund to the Lao Cai’s Fund for Natural Disasters Prevention.
On the same day, he visited the guards at Trinh Tuong Border Gate. They are monitoring an area with a 15km border line. This is home to nearly 2,500 households spreading across Trinh Tuong and Coc My communes.
Dung thanked the guards for their work and devotion, saying that their responsibilities are high including fighting against drug dealers and human traffickers.
Major Nguyen Van Tu said, “We have plans to send employees to visit the local households during Tet and give gifts to policy beneficiaries.”
- MobiFone-AVG bribery: Millions of dollars hidden in Tet gifts
- Vietnam Red Cross aims to provide 1.5 million Tet gifts to the needy
- Happy Tet holidays for people in Mekong Delta
- Billionaire Brexit donor gives 1 million pounds to UK Conservatives
- Full text of Finance Minister Piyush Goyal's 2019 Budget speech
- Clashing egos and 'policy incontinence': inside Labour's campaign
- How Finance Minister Jaitley helped out Defence Minister Jaitley
- 'I will repay your trust': Boris Johnson hails voters in Labour's former heartlands who switched to the Tories to deliver landslide election victory as he vows to give the country back its 'mojo' on visit to Blair's old constituency
- Meaningful activities for revolutionary contributors conducted nationwide
- Military units carry out meaningful activities for national contributors
- People’s Army Newspaper kicks of cycling tournament
- Ex-premier elected Algerian president; thousands march in protest
Minister gives Tet gifts to veterans and policy beneficiaries have 456 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.