The stock market kept falling more than 2 per cent on Wednesday morning as selling pressure persisted.
On the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange, the benchmark VN-Index declined more than 2 per cent to 1,113.26 points. The southern bourse recorded 378 stocks falling, while only 83 stock climbed.
The large-cap tracker VN30-Index also decreased by 2.19 per cent to end Wednesday morning’s session at 1,100.41 points. Twenty-five of the 30 largest stocks fell, while only five rose.
Banking, securities, production, utilities, logistics and IT sectors fell sharply, while construction and real estate stocks showed signs of recovery.
Stocks in the 30 large-cap basket posted gains this morning including Vingroup Joint Stock Company (VIC), Nova Land Investment Group Corporation (NVL), FLC Faros Construction Joint Stock Company (ROS), Mobile World Investment Corporation (MWG) and Phu Nhuan Jewelry Joint Stock Company (PNJ).
These shares rose by 0.24 – 4.1 per cent.
Meanwhile, Vietnam Rubber Group – Joint Stock Company (GVR) hit the maximum intra-day loss of 7 per cent. The share traded at VND28,100 after the morning session, down 6.95 per cent.
On the Hanoi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index also declined by 1.71 per cent to 223.92 points. The 30 large-cap tracker HNX30-Index on the northern bourse fell by 3.18 per cent to 337.18 points. — VNS
- The Hill's Morning Report — Sponsored by AdvaMed — House panel delays impeachment vote until Friday
- The Hill's Morning Report — Harris brings her A game to Miami debate
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks back to 'risk-on' after Trump trade war scare
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Risk on, risk off, repeat! US-China trade deal faces HK hurdle
- Morning digest: Centre in talks with J&K and Ladakh on special status, China-U.S. trade deal announced, and more
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares edge lower as investors await tariff deadline
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares ease slightly as tariff deadline looms
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares edge down as tariff deadline hems bets
- Cop executed in front of market is TWELFTH officer to be killed in a week in the same Mexican state and was on security detail of commander who was kidnapped and dismembered two days earlier
- Shares rise on both exchanges, Masan Group recovers after three-day decline
- The Continuing Legacy of 9/11
- The Hill's Morning Report - Trump, Biden go toe-to-toe in Iowa
Market continues to go down on Wednesday morning have 358 words, post on bizhub.vn at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.