Despite the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hoa Phat Group recorded a surge in both revenue and profit in 2020, the inter-sectoral conglomerate has said.
It earned almost VND91.28 trillion (US$3.9 billion) in revenue and posted VND13.5 trillion in after-tax profit last year, up 41 per cent and 80 per cent, respectively, against 2019.
In the fourth quarter alone, its revenue rose 43 per cent year-on-year to nearly VND26.17 trillion, while after-tax profit surged 142 per cent to VND4.67 trillion – a quarterly record.
Steel manufacturing was a growth driver, the group said, adding that crude steel output doubled 2019’s figure to 5.8 million tonnes, including 5.1 million tonnes of steel billet and finished construction steel and nearly 700,000 tonnes of hot rolled steel. Some 3.4 million tonnes of finished construction steel were produced, up 22.5 per cent against 2019.
Hoa Phat’s steel market share in Viet Nam currently stands at 32.5 per cent. — VNS
- Principality Building Society posts fall in pre-tax profits of nearly £10m
- Danske Bank reports £89m pre-tax profit as income up by 2% in 2018
- Ulster Bank posts £51m pre-tax profit
- Liverpool announce record pre-tax profits of £125m
- HSBC pre-tax profit up 16% at $19.9 bn in 2018
- Santander’s 2018 pre-tax profit drops on higher costs
- Lloyds Banking Group posts 13% increase in profits
- Sports Direct sees pre-tax profits plummet amid House of Fraser takeover
- InterContinental Hotels Group cheers London sales growth
- Software specialist APD poised for future growth as profits soar
- 7 per cent council tax increase on the cards
- Toy retailer The Entertainer posts bumper sales growth in Christmas trading
Hoa Phat Group posts 80 per cent growth in after-tax profit have 250 words, post on bizhub.vn at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.