|Haiphong will receive 6,100MW generation capacity with the two LNG projects (Illustration image)|
The first LNG power project is invested by ExxonMobil Corporation with the capacity of 4,500MW. Having a total investment capital of $5.09 billion, the construction will be implemented in two phases. The first phase, which has three 750MW turbines, is expected to start operation in 2026-2027. The second one with the same capacity is expected to go on stream sometime in 2029-2030.
The complex will include a floating dock warehouse and a gas pipe in the first phrase and the floating storage units will be added in the second phase.
The second complex is located at Cai Trap district with the total investment capital of $1.9 billion. The investor’s name has yet to be disclosed. The construction is also divided into two phases and is expected to be completed in 2025 and 2028, respectively. Once completed, the complex will operate with the capacity of 1,600MW and will have a dock warehouse with a capacity of 200,000 cubic metres.
The LNG power projects will contribute to ensuring energy security for the northern region and Haiphong.
Along with them, ExxonMobil also plans to develop a series of LNG-fuelled plants in the Mekong Delta province of Long An with the capacity of 3,000MW. LNG will be sourced from the corporation’s operations in the US and other countries.
In addition, ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Vietnam Ltd., an affiliate of Exxon Mobil Corporation, together with partners PetroVietnam and PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corporation, is engaged in development activities in several technically and commercially challenging blocks offshore Central Vietnam in the Ca Voi Xanh field.
- LNG projects ramp up in response to growing market
- Could the latest South Coast Rail plan be a billion-dollar bust?
- Texas Governor Announces A Half-Billion Dollars For Hurricane Harvey-Hit Areas
- Michigan College Offers Marijuana Degree As The Billion-Dollar Industry Expands
- Houston Is About to Make a Multi-Billion-Dollar Bet to Survive the Next Harvey
- Local vote on multi-billion dollar Wisconsin Foxconn project could come as soon as Monday
- Daily Drive-Thru: Mitsubishi busted for lying, Apple's secret in Germany, Volkswagen's billion-dollar payout, and more
- End the billion-dollar giveaway: How the 421-a tax break undermines affordable housing
- Billion-Dollar Energy Deals Fuel More Work for Firms
- Billion dollar benefactors: Minnesota's charitable foundations
- Billion-dollar Bill spends and spends on homeless shelters
- Economic Democracy and the Billion-Dollar Co-op
Haiphong to have billion-dollar LNG projects have 383 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.