|Representatives and sponsors of VIR’s Swing for the Kids Fund attended the trip to hand over the scholarships, including Tran Kim Nga from Vietnam Beverage Co., Ltd. and Dang Ngoc Quang from BRG Group|
Tran Kim Nga, CEO of Vietnam Beverage Co., Ltd. said, “This is the first time I’m partaking in this meaningful event. It filled me with joy to see the bright faces of the students when they were granted the scholarships. Though their financial value is not very high, I believe that these scholarships can encourage them for their future learning and work.”
VIR’s Editor-in-chief, Le Trong Minh, emphasised that “this year’s programme is special, as many students and their families had to face the challenges imposed by the pandemic.” Speaking at the event, Minh also expressed his hopes that “these small gifts will help to step-by-step reduce the negative impact of the children’s difficult circumstances and motivate them to strive for a better future.”
|VIR’s Editor-in-chief Le Trong Minh|
Being a diamond sponsor from the beginning, Vingroup’s vice chairman of the company’s Management Board, Le Khac Hiep, has always been supporting and participating in many these charity activities to help young students from remote coastal areas to mountainous provinces facing poverty and extraordinary difficulties.
Over the past 14 years, the prestigious VIR’s golf tournament Swing for the Kids gathered more than VND17.5 billion ($760,000) to provide over 16,000 scholarships to disadvantaged students, build IT classrooms with new computers, and upgrade numerous schools in over 40 provinces and cities across the country. As a much-anticipated charity sports activity organised every spring, the tournament brings further opportunities and hope for the future for Vietnamese students.
Towards the end of the event, VIR’s Minh said, “I sincerely thank the local authorities for helping us to organise the ceremony and supporting our efforts to contribute to a healthy and cheerful youth for these children. We hope that in the coming years, we will further be able to support the community with the help of our kind-hearted sponsors.”
- Lottery winner says £1million prize is 'gift from her mum' who died last year
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's new life will be funded from their £34million private fortune – as they face losing £5m handouts from the royal purse when they quit as senior royals
- Two-thirds of Britons says Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's funding from Prince Charles's Duchy of Cornwall estate should STOP as they step down from senior royal role
- Granger Smith's wife Amber says she is 'hopeful' about her family's future as she looks back at 'the year that brought her to her knees' after the couple's three-year-old son River drowned
- Here's looking at you, kid
- 8 Great Gift Ideas for Netflix Addicts
- Deerfield Teen CEO Sponsors 300 Foster & Homeless Youth Gifts
- Rabalais: With jab at Nick Saban and eye to the future, LSU AD Scott Woodward charts bold path
- The future (and past) of mobile gaming
- Best baby shower gifts: choose the perfect sentiment that the parents to be will love
- How Jerusalem's ancient past is the battleground for its future
- Carrington Academy Preschools Donate Gifts to Children in Need
Gifts for the future from Swing for the Kids Fund have 518 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.