The statue of General Tô Hiến Thành in the Văn Hiến Temple in Hạ Mỗ Village. Photo hanoi.gov.vn HÀ NỘI — The Friends of Vietnam Heritage will hold an excursion to Hạ Mỗ Village in Hà Nội’s suburban district of Đan Phượng on January 23. Located about 22km from the city centre, Hạ Mỗ was the land of Ô Diên Citadel in the past. Ô Diên Citadel dates back to the 6th century AD and is smaller and less famous than the old capitals of Thăng Long and Huế, but equally important. Fifteen centuries have passed and the vestiges of the citadel such as architecture, structure, and materials are difficult to identify. The traces of its history, however, are visible and can be understood through some relics including Vạn Xuân Communal house, Hàm Rồng Temple, Chính Khí Temple and Văn Hiến Temple. Alongside visiting some relics, during this trip, the tour group will meet Nguyễn Tọa, a Hạ Mỗ villager, former Vice President of the Hà Nội Folk Arts Association, who is devoted to, the research and collection of Hạ Mỗ’s historical documents to pass on to the next generations of the village. The tour will also include a cooking… Read full this story
- Historic building in Welwyn village handed over to developers
- ATM theft has 'tarnished' village, says businessman
- 'Our little village has been recognised for its big heart'
- Why do people living in Russia's most Instagrammed village hate tourists?
- Mo Farah accused by Haile Gebrselassie of assault, blackmail and 'disgraceful conduct' in Ethiopian's hotel
- Mo Farah dismisses claims his Ethiopian hotel row with rival Haile Gebrselassie affected his London Marathon performance
- Mo Farah backed by British Athletics after Haile Gebrselassie row dominates London Marathon 2019 build-up
- Runner claims Sir Mo Farah ‘punched him in neck’ in fight at Haile Gebrselassie’s hotel gym just days before London Marathon
- Eliud Kipchoge wins London Marathon in second-fastest time as apologetic Mo Farah finishes fifth
- US police have said 'several' bodies found inside a suburban business
FVH excursion to historical suburban Hạ Mỗ Village have 346 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.