Hanoi (VNA) – Finland will provide more than 100 million USD for public investment projects in Vietnam, starting from 2021, under a bilateral Framework Agreement on the use of Public Sector Investment Facility (PIF) backed and guaranteed by the Finnish Government.
The signing took place on January 21 after several rounds of negotiations between the governments. The signatory from the Vietnamese side was Deputy Minister of Finance Tran Xuan Ha and from the Finnish side was Finnish Ambassador to Vietnam Kari Kahiluoto.
The PIF supports the public sector investments in developing countries in line with the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN and utilise Finnish expertise and technology. It supports investment projects in social services provision, such as water supply, environmental sanitation, environment protection, climate change response, energy, and clean technology.
In a pre-recorded remark, Finnish Minister for Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade Ville Skinnari said he expects with the PIF, Vietnam will have additional public funding while companies from Finland with years of experience, expertise, and suitable technology solutions can gain broader access to the Vietnamese market.
The implementation of the agreement will play a vital part in nurturing the long-term and effective partnership between Finland and Vietnam, the minister said.
Vietnam and Finland has established diplomatic ties more than five decades ago. Two-way trade has increased four times over the last 10 years. Thousands Vietnamese students are pursuing education in Finland./.
- Utilising digital transformation cost effectively for the public sector
- Veritas Capital Successfully Completes Acquisition of PwC’s US Public Sector Business
- 5 ways for public sector leaders to accelerate innovation in 2018
- Why it’s so difficult for the public sector to stay current on Windows software
- Vietnam’s economic growth likely to reach set target in 2019: VEPR
- Growing momentum in semiconductor manufacturing in Vietnam
- Agriculture sector struggles to recover weakening exports
- Vietnam bolsters agricultural exports amid growing protectionism
- SoftBank hires Investment Officer to Handle its $100 Billion Vision Fund
- White House Panel: Feds Need Sharper Focus for IT Research Investments
- IEEE Spectrum R and D 100
- Public-Private Partnerships Yield Big Results in Semiconductor Research
Finland provides 100 mln USD for public sector investment in Vietnam have 362 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.