According to an official announcement from the Government Office dated August 13, the prime minister issued a directive to add ECV’s Mui Ke Ga LNG project (MKG) to the National Power Development Plan 2021-2030 following a meeting Binh Thuan leaders on July 23. The MoIT is charged with submitting the updated plan to the PM in October 2020.
ECV’s LNG project will include the development of a multi-phase gas-fired power complex and Floating Storage Regasification Unit (FSRU) terminal near Mui Ke Ga in the central province of Binh Thuan.
ECV, a leading Vietnam-focused project development and asset management company, was established as a platform for private investment into Vietnam. The company has been in discussions with the Vietnamese government regarding energy sector investment and privatisation opportunities to help address its critical energy security needs since 2015.
Phase I of the MKG project is targeting to get Final Investment Decision (FID) in late 2021 with Commercial Operation Date (COD) in 2025, and will consume approximately 1.5 million tonnes per annum with the ability to increase to 7 million tonnes over time.
“Our multi-year relationship with the Vietnamese government has positioned ECV to pioneer private sector development of the LNG market in Vietnam,” said David Lewis, ECV chairman and CEO. “The World Bank projects Vietnam to require up to 90,000MW of new power generation over the next decade, and we look forward to working with our talented American, European, and Asian partners to address those needs in the years to come.”
- Global energy bosses send Trump a message: World needs Russian gas
- Russia, Vietnam sign exploration deal
- Royal Dutch Shell pushes ahead with major gas project in Canada
- Socially just energy transition for coal workers no pie in the sky, study finds
- €1bn Shannon gas project acquired
- Russia’s Gazprom to supply China via Power of Siberia pipeline
- Objection to €1bn liquid gas project in Shannon despite Government support
- Why US LNG Can't Hold a Candle to Russian Gas Supplies in Europe
- German industry slams Trump over efforts to influence EU energy policy
- Russia to construct 6 nuclear power plant units in India
- Minister Mizzi speaks of major ‘overhaul’ in energy sector
- US to Introduce Sanctions Against Nord Stream 2 Project
Energy Capital Vietnam's LNG project added to Vietnam power planning have 356 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.