Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnamese singer Tung Duong once again dominated the 16th Devotion Music Awards, held online in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City on January 7, as he won three of the nine major categories.
Specifically, Duong won " Album of the Year " for his progressive rock album "Human", "Music Show of the Year" for the "Human" liveshow, and "Singer of the Year" for his powerful and energetic performance s and contributions to contemporary music.
He has so far pocketed 13 prizes at the Devotion Music Awards.
"Producer of the Year" went to DJ and music producer Hoang Touliver, who is Music Director of the TV reality show Rap Viet, which looks for the next best rapper in Vietnam. The show was a hit, with more than 1 million viewers tuning in to watch the finale on YouTube.
Rap Viet was also honoured with "Music Series of the Year".
"Best New Artist" went to Rap Viet winner De Choat.
The Devotion Music Awards were launched in 2004 by the The Thao & Van Hoa (Sports & Culture) newspaper of the Vietnam News Agency to promote Vietnamese music and honour artists who have made significant contributions to the industry. A ballot was held earlier on the same day with about 100 reporters casting their votes to choose the winners in the nine categories.
At the 2020 edition, pop singer Hoang Thuy Linh became the first Vietnamese artist to ever win the “big four” categories.
Linh won the Best Song of the Year and the Best Music Video of the Year for “De Mi Noi Cho Ma Nghe” (Let Me Tell) and the Best Album of the Year for her album “Hoang.” She was also named the Best Singer of the Year.
In the Show of the Year category, the vote has ended in a tie for the first time ever between solo concerts “Truyen Ngan” (Short Story) by singer Ha Anh Tuan and “Tro Ve” (The Return) by singer Tan Nhan. Both received an equal number of votes at 28, making the organizers to exercise their casting vote for the first time in the award's 15-year history.
Tan Nhan finally won the category for the solo concert during which she performed Vietnamese folk songs of “xam” (blind buskers' songs), “chau van” (spiritual music) and “quan ho” (love duets) with a contemporary music orchestra.
DTAP Team, comprising Thinh Kainz, Kata Tran and Tung Cedrus, was named the Best Producer of the Year while the Best New Artist of the Year and the Composer of the Year went to singer Amee and composer Phan Manh Quynh, respectively.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the award ceremony was cancelled; instead Hoang Thuy Linh, Phan Manh Quynh and other winners will gather in a fan meeting event live on Facebook fanpage of The Thao & Van Hoa (Sport & Culture newspaper) at 8:00pm on March 25.
The annual Devotion Music Awards was launched by the Vietnam News Agency's The Thao & Van Hoa newspaper in 2004 to promote Vietnamese music and honour artists with significant contributions to the industry.
This year, the voting was held online for the first time because of concerns over the wide-spreading COVID-19 pandemic. A total of 95 ballots have been sent via email to reporters in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City who voted in nine categories./.
- ‘The Gravedigger,’ ‘Zanka Contact’ and ‘Sweet Annoyance’ Win Top Prizes at 2nd Atlas Workshops
- ‘I Just Want to Feel Everything’: Hiding Out With Fiona Apple, Musical Hermit
- How the Nobel Prize affects book sales
- Toronto International Film Festival 2019's Oscars buzz, award-winners and critics' picks
- Golden Globes 2019: Olivia Colman, Ben Whishaw and Richard Madden win
- Death Stranding or Control? We predict the winners for The Game Awards 2019
- Richard Wilbur, Pulitzer Prize-winning poet, dies at 96
- Golden Globes 2019: ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Green Book’ Win Big
- British stars nominated for Golden Globe awards
- Rihanna, Ariana, The 1975 and more: The most anticipated new music of 2019
- Carlos Illescas, award-winning Denver Post reporter, dies at 54
- Revisiting the legacy of Oscar-winning acting legend Maximilian Schell
- K-ICM and Jack duo dominate YouTube MV rankings in Vietnam
- 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami - review
- Golden Globes Analysis – Movies: Starry Lineup Of Nominees Offers Strong Names And Big Clues To The Way Oscar Winds May Blow
- Oscars: Snubs Abound In Foreign Language Shortlist With Paul Verhoeven’s ‘Elle’ & More – Analysis
- Golden Globes 2020 Predictions: What Movies and TV Shows Might Nab Nominations?
- 3 Billboards and Big Little Lies Top the 75th Annual Golden Globes
- Tori Spelling, 'Thirtysomething' and More References From the 'Gilmore Girls' Reunion Explained (Part 3)
- Vietnam War: New Ken Burns Documentary Dismisses the Origins of the Futile, Disastrous Conflict
Divo Tung Duong wins three major prizes at 2021 Devotion Music Awards have 819 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 8, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.