Prague (VNA) – Halonoviny.cz, an e-newspaper of the Czech Republic, has recently run an article highlighting Vietnam’s outstanding achievements over the past years, particularly in the fight against COVID-19 and economic growth.
The article said as one of the ASEAN member nations, Vietnam is developing rapidly and boasts an improved position in the international area.
In recent years, the country has gained impressive successes in economic development, external affairs and the pandemic combat, according to the article.
Vietnam has become a bright spot in the pandemic battle, the article said, noting COVID-19 infections and fatalities in the country have remained very low given a population of nearly 100 million.
The author cited the World Health Organization (WHO) as saying that Vietnam is one of the few countries that can contain the epidemic well. Thanks to those successes, Vietnam has provided timely assistance such as face masks and medical supplies for many countries.
Vietnam is also one of the economies with the highest growth over the past five years, with an annual average growth rate of 6.8 percent during 2016-2019 and nearly 3.0 percent in 2020 when the majority of countries worldwide experienced minus growth.
The article lauded Vietnam’s efforts in international economic integration to attract resources for national development, as marked by the signing of the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) agreement, the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) agreement.
With its policy of multilateralising and diversifying international relations, Vietnam has enhanced external affairs, both bilateral and multilateral, it continued.
Over the past five years, the country has successfully organised many major international events like the 2017 APEC Summit and the summit between the US and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) in 2019.
Last year, the country successfully performed its role as ASEAN Chair and a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council.
Such achievements have created a firm foundation for Vietnam to grow strongly in the future, while reflecting that the country has become a more important partner in international cooperation, it concluded./.
- Tourism still a bright spot
- While 2019 economic outlook is good, less optimism looms for future
- Spotted Lanternfly Invasion Has Area Extension Agents Concerned
- Economically, it’s still sunny in New Hampshire
- Building Insights: Forecast for ’19 and beyond mixed for nonresidential construction
- Syracuse State of the City 2019: Read the text of Ben Walsh’s speech
- Fed, Der Spiegel, Jeremy Corbyn: Your Thursday Briefing
- Rising-Star Philippine Economy Slips, 2019 Seen as Pivotal
- After plunge, world stocks try to claw their way out of doldrums
- Midwest manufacturing grows despite trade setbacks
- NineStar Acquires Cumberland Utility
- POLITICO Playbook: What we’ve learned post-shutdown
Czech newspaper: Vietnam – bright spot in COVID-19 combat, economic growth have 466 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.