Hanoi (VNA) – Party General Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong and Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on January 21 congratulated Joseph R. Biden Jr. on taking oath as the 46th President of the US.
In their congratulations, the Vietnamese leaders expressed their belief that the new US President and his administration will obtain various achievements for prosperous development and happiness of the US and its people, as well as continue to contributing to peace, stability, cooperation and development in the world.
On the basis of Vietnam-US relations built over the last 25 years, and sentiments of President Biden toward Vietnam, the ties between the two countries will continue to thrive in a result-oriented, effective and sustainable manner.
On the same day, Vice President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh extended congratulations to Vice President Kamala Harris.
Biden was sworn in as the 46th president of the US on January 20 (US time)./.
- ViacomCBS Sets Merged Diversity And Inclusion Team, Reveals Leadership Team To “Break New Ground” In Representation
- Trump’s COVID-19 Policy: I, Alone, Can Ignore It
- Suriname gets new president, faces economic crisis
- Lisa Lucas, head of National Book Foundation, to join Knopf
- The US is diving into a dark Covid hole -- and there's no plan to get out
- Dame Vera Lynn is honoured with a Spitfire and Hurricane flypast as crowds line the streets of her Sussex village for her funeral - on the 80th anniversary of start of Battle of Britain
- COVID-19 cases rise as Trump brushes off concerns
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 25
- Denial, Frustration, Outrage: Kiev Having Trouble Dealing with Trump Victory
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump tries to pin low turnout on protesters
- Trump is the anti-Lincoln
- Can This Potential Biden Veep Bridge the Police-BLM Gap?
Congratulations to new US President, Vice President have 303 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.