HÀ NỘI — The election of deputies to the 15th National Assembly (NA) and to the people’s councils at all levels in the 2021-26 tenure is an opportunity to exercise people’s ownership and to select virtuous, talented representatives of people, Party General Secretary, President Nguyễn Phú Trọng told a national conference on Thursday which discussed measures to ensure security and safety for the upcoming vote on May 23.
The conference was chaired by the Politburo and attended by representatives of the National Election Council, NA Standing Committee, Government and the Fatherland Front.
The elections will take place at an extremely important time when the whole country is celebrating the success of the 13th National Party Congress, which is a major political event of our Party, our country, our people, said Party chief Trọng.
Activities to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the first general election day have left good impressions and been a chance to review outstanding achievements of the Vietnamese NA during the past 14 terms. It also helps the NA, the highest representative body of the people and the most powerful agency in the country, to learn valuable lessons to continue to innovate, improve the effectiveness of its operation, he said.
He urged local authorities at all levels to carry out guidelines and plans to make a good preparation for the elections, making them a national festival.
The Politburo previously has approved a decree directing the whole political system to mobilise all sources to successfully organise the elections and ensure democracy, equality, law adherence and safety.
The Party chief noted that the elections must follow directions and major policies of the National Party Congress, especially in selecting officials who have enough qualifications to take on the duties.
At the conference, participants listened to the introduction of important election documents.
NA Chairwoman Nguyễn Thị Kim Ngân said together with the 13th national Party Congress, elections of deputies to the 15th NA and the people’s councils at all levels for the term 2021-26 will significantly contribute to promoting democracy, fostering national unity as well as successfully implementing the goals and tasks set by the 13th Party Congress Resolution.
The NA will hold a meeting by the end of this week to determine the number of eligible candidates for each locality. Then each province/city will compile a list of candidates, Ngân, who is chairwoman of the National Election Council said. — VNS
- Mark Kelly's Re-Election Support From Latino Groups At Risk Over Undocumented Immigrant Aid Vote
- Sir Tim Shadbolt says he refuses to be muzzled by city council, laments 'sad day' for freedom of speech
- Bill proposed to require oath-taking by HK district councilors
- John Durham's endgame: Don't expect criminal charges
- Biden Faces a Steep Challenge to Unite Democracies on Tech
- Exclusive: After 2020 Gains, Kevin McCarthy Eyes House GOP Majority, Speaker’s Gavel in Midterms
- Talk about players not pitches: Rohit to experts
- SXSW Adds Pete Buttigieg As Keynote; Ava DuVernay, George W. Bush And More Set For Featured Sessions
- Cases of COVID-19 in Vietnam rise to 194
- More policy, less pomp: Joe Biden and Justin Trudeau meet virtually at first bilateral meeting since Biden took office
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 24
- Brisbane 2032 Olympic group to have ‘targeted dialogue’ with IOC
Conference discusses preparation for national election in May have 554 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.