HCM CITY — Sweden’s Ambassador to Việt Nam Ann Mawe plans to promote both Vietnamese translations of Swedish literature and Swedish translations of Vietnamese literary works.
During the ambassador’s recent business trip to HCM City to discuss Sweden and Việt Nam’s corporation in the cultural sphere, she met with Huy Hoàng Books, one of the city’s distributors who introduced Swedish publications to local readers.
The distributor has published several Swedish classical works, such as children’s books Pettson and Findus, and Mamma Moo.
Pettson and Findus, written and illustrated by author Sven Nordqvist, features an old farmer and his cat who live in a small ramshackle farmhouse in the countryside. The first book of the series was published in 1984.
Mamma Moo is about a talking cow named Mamma Moo and a crow, her best friend. The series is written by Jujja Wieslander and illustrated by Sven Nordqvist.
The Swedish books were published by Swedish publishing foundation Natur and Kultur, and are translated in more than 30 languages.
Under its plan, Huy Hoàng Books will publish dozens of famous Swedish book titles for children and teenagers, especially works for minority groups in society.
Ambassador Mawe said she hoped the publication and translation of Swedish literary publications would promote cultural exchanges between the two countries.
She also expects more Vietnamese literary works to be translated and introduced to Swedish readers.
The ambassador plans to organise book introductions and exchange meetings with authors to help both Vietnamese and Swedish readers approach both countries’ publications.
During her trip to HCM City, the ambassador and Christer Falk, the Swedish Embassy’s new cultural affairs officer, also met with Võ Trọng Nam, deputy director of the HCM City Culture and Sport Department, and representatives from the HCM City Conservatory Music, Soul Music and Performing Art Academy.
They discussed the two countries’ cooperation in music, media, film, and gaming and e-sport. — VNS
- No Nobel Literature Prize as Academy’s bell tolls
- Swedish Embassy reinforces support for #RespetoNaman movement
- Brand Ambassadors Are A Must Have For Every Entrepreneur
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 28/2
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 9/9
- Hanoi willing to share agricultural development experiences with Sri Lanka
- Government News 20/10
- Hanoi keen to partner Sri Lanka in agriculture, cultural exchanges
- Hanoi enters Vietnam`s top 10 business-friendly localities for first time
- S. Korea-based Vietnamese business club to strengthen business cooperation
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 21/3
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 1
Ambassador to promote Swedish literature in VN have 461 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.