The South Korean drama series “Itaewon Class”, which tells the story of an ex-convict whose life has been turned upside down after he gets expelled from school for punching a bully and his father is killed in an accident, topped the list.
Three other South Korean dramas on the top 10 list were: “Crash Landing On You” in second place; “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” in fifth place, and romantic-fantasy drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” in tenth.
The “Korean Wave,” which started to develop in some Asian countries including Vietnam in the 2000s, has strengthened since. The widespread popularity of K-pop and South Korean movies are part of this wave.
This year, Vietnamese online users overwhelmingly favored Chinese dramas, which accounted for six of the top ten search list.
Chinese drama series “Go Ahead” came in third, followed by “Three Lives Three Worlds,” which is based on the Xianxia novel of the same name released as “To the Sky Kingdom,” in English.
“The Sleepless Princess” ranked sixth, followed by “Girlfriend,” “Skate into Love” and “The Romance of Tiger and Rose.”
Topping the list of most searched movies screened in cinemas this year was South Korean black comedy thriller film “Parasite”, which won four prizes at Hollywood’s 92nd Academy Awards ceremony.
Vietnamese movie “Phap Su Mu” (Blind Shaman) came in second, followed by “Mat Biec” (Dreamy Eyes), and “Tiec Trang Mau” (Blood Moon Party).
- Sports Vietnam’s midfielder nominated for ‘Best Footballer in Asia 2018’ The iron will of a limbless Vietnamese girl
- Sports Vietnam coach Park plots Japan upset at Asian Cup Vietnamese supermarkets allow people to shop for Tet via apps
- Sports Vietnam coach Park plots Japan upset at Asian Cup Vietnamese shop for foreign delicacies for Tet
- Sports Vietnam coach Park plots Japan upset at Asian Cup Vietnamese man grows kumquat bonsai trees in glass bottles
- Sports Vietnam coach Park plots Japan upset at Asian Cup Vietnamese man subdued after staying on pylon for 36 hours
- Sports Vietnam coach Park plots Japan upset at Asian Cup Distance is no match for this Vietnamese couple
- Sports S.Korea batter Vietnam 6-0 in Asian U-19 footy tourney opener Vietnamese shop for foreign delicacies for Tet
- France Opens Women’s World Cup With Rout of South Korea
- South East Motor DX7 SUV – designed by Pininfarina
- Young Car Buyers Shift to Korean Cars from Japanese, Study Finds
Vietnamese netizens favor South Korean, Chinese TV shows have 386 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.