Công Thành A cottage belonging to a local man in the middle of wetlands in Hương Trà Town. The wetlands are a popular site for day trippers. — VNS Photo Hồ Cầu Just 10km outside Huế, Rú Chá, a primary wetland forest of mangroves has become a popular for day trippers exploring Hương Trà Town. On the Thuận An Estuary, only five hectares of chá (a mangrove family) have been saved as a natural bank to protect Hương Trà from storms and floods, as well as salt intrusion. The forest – the only primary wetland forest preserved in the newly recognised Tam Giang – Cầu Hai Lagoon Wetlands Nature Reserve – can be easy reached by motorbike or bicycle along National Road 49. Trippers are advised to leave Huế at dawn to start exploring, as local people begin their days by flocking to rural markets and fishing boats bring in fresh catches. Five years ago, Rú Chá was only accessible by foot through the wetlands, but concrete paths and a watch tower have been built to pave the way. The forest, which links Thuận An Estuary and Tam Giang – Cầu Hai Lagoon with rich wetlands, provides incomes for thousands of local people who make a living from fishing and aquaculture. A flycam photo of the mangrove forest in autumn. — VNS Photo… Read full this story
- Solar system's first interstellar visitor Oumuamua was ripped from the surface of an Earth-sized planet that 'got too close to its host star', scientists claim
- Stay out, we're CLOSED! Second-home hotspot villages set up road blocks and tourism chiefs warn visitors to keep away from seaside towns and rural retreats over lockdown Easter weekend
- InnerSpace Offers Indoor Monitoring Solution Free of Charge to Retailers During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Park closed during coronavirus? Look to wetlands to get outdoors
- A much debated visitor levy is raising millions, but how should we spend it?
- No cha-chance! 15 high-flying stars who turned down the opportunity to star on Strictly Come Dancing
- Coronavirus: Glenview Square Dance Club Offers Online Dances
- Audible Offers Free Audiobooks For Kids Stuck At Home During Coronavirus Crisis
- Congress claims Narendra Modi offered money to its Gujarat MLAs
- Cornish locals block roads to visitors and motorhome is stopped on way to Lake District as second home owners continue to flock to rural areas during coronavirus lockdown amid fears of tourist influx over 75F Easter weekend
Rú Chá offers wetland wonderland for visitors have 407 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.