Several dozen staff members and lawmakers who are part of Michigan’s state legislature have tested positive for COVID-19 since the beginning of 2020, a spokesperson for Speaker Lee Chatfield (R) said Wednesday.
The spokesperson told NBC News that the current count sits at roughly eight lawmakers and 21 staffers who have tested positive so far this year. Information on the timing of the infections was not available, so it wasn’t clear if any cases were recent.
The Michigan House of Representatives chamber was recently visited by President TrumpDonald TrumpTrump calls on Georgia AG not to have other Republicans oppose election lawsuit: report Pennsylvania GOP leader on breaking with Trump on election: ‘I’d get my house bombed tonight’ Lawmakers call for lowering health care costs to address disparities in pandemic MORE‘s attorney, Rudy GiulianiRudy GiulianiNearly 30 staffers, members of Michigan legislature tested positive for COVID-19 this year Steve Kornacki to be on ‘Sunday Night Football’ for the rest of the season Witness Mellissa Carone says she’s not self-quarantining after Giuliani’s COVID-19 diagnosis MORE, who testified maskless before lawmakers in the building as part of the president’s efforts to overturn his election loss in the state to President-elect Joe BidenJoe BidenPennsylvania GOP leader on breaking with Trump on election: ‘I’d get my house bombed tonight’ GOP Texas senator questions ‘legal theory’ behind Trump’s lawsuit to challenge state’s election results Nearly 30 staffers, members of Michigan legislature tested positive for COVID-19 this year MORE. Giuliani later tested positive himself for the virus, and was hospitalized.
State officials have seen levels of new COVID-19 infections stabilize in recent weeks, though the rate of new cases remains far higher than it was at earlier points this year during the pandemic. Just over 6,800 new cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Michigan on Tuesday.
Gov. Gretchen WhitmerGretchen WhitmerNearly 30 staffers, members of Michigan legislature tested positive for COVID-19 this year The Hill’s Morning Report – Presented by Facebook – Congress faces end-of-year crunch; Biden selects his Defense secretary Whitmer extends Michigan’s partial lockdown through Dec. 20 MORE (D) has faced opposition to her efforts to slow the spread of the virus over the course of 2020, and was the target of an alleged kidnapping plot that the FBI said it foiled in October.
- Three Japanese citizens evacuated from Wuhan test POSITIVE for new coronavirus that has killed 170 - as the Philippines and India become the latest countries to confirm cases
- Three Vietnamese citizens test positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus confirmed in India: Student who returned from virus-hit Wuhan tests positive in Kerala
- First cases of coronavirus are diagnosed in Britain as two English patients from the same family test positive for the killer Chinese virus
- Kerala nurse in Saudi tested positive for coronavirus; CM writes to EAM
- Swarms of Wuhan residents hit the road days before Chinese New Year amid fears that deadly 'SARS-like' virus could spread globally as Beijing's experts urge the city's residents not to travel
- Bills in Washington Legislature to allow sports betting
- Homelessness among issues to watch in Washington Legislature
- Breast cancer screenings missed by 1.5MILLION women in England last year as figures show one in four did not turn up to their vital check
- Victim's family yell 'Yes!' as drug dealer, 19, is convicted of murdering Jaden Moodie, 14, who was knocked off his moped and stabbed to death in 14 seconds of horror
- China cancels its Lunar New Year celebrations, locks down FOURTEEN cities, shuts part of the Great Wall and Shanghai Disneyland in desperate bid to contain killer coronavirus
- China's contagious killer virus comes to the US: American man in his 30s is hospitalized in Washington state with SARS-like coronavirus after visiting Wuhan, CDC says
- Michigan governor to take national stage to rebut Trump
- China in LOCKDOWN: China cancels its New Year celebrations, closes FOURTEEN cities, part of the Great Wall, Disneyland Shanghai - and even McDonald's shuts up shop - as the army is deployed in desperate bid to contain killer coronavirus
- Donald Trump says he 'has a plan' to contain China's killer virus after it spread to US: Man in his 30s is hospitalized as death toll from SARS-like coronavirus hits nine and health chiefs poise to declare global emergency
- Early voting is underway in Michigan's presidential primary
- Fully sick fashion statement: Woman wears a very colourful face cover near some of Sydney's most upmarket shops - but is she being on-trend or preventing coronavirus?
- Doctors are on standby at Heathrow to meet any sick passengers arriving from China as all 31 patients tested for coronavirus in UK are CLEARED and Border Force hunts 2,000 people who flew in from Wuhan in last two weeks
- Mumbai’s Kasturba Hospital could become national centre to test coronavirus
- Members of white supremacist group The Base caught on hidden camera 'saying they hoped violence at a gun rights rally in Virginia would start a full-blown civil war'
Nearly 30 staffers, members of Michigan legislature tested positive for COVID-19 this year have 809 words, post on thehill.com at December 9, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.