The series of training sessions are due to last for one month and will finish ahead of the annual Lunar New Year Festival, known locally as Tet, according to the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF).
Looking ahead to 2021, the women's football team are about to compete in the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Women’s Championship, in addition to the 31st Southeast Asian (SEA) Games.
Most notably, the women's national squad will participate in qualification matches for the the 2022 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Women's Asian Cup. This tournament will also serve as the first round of matches in the Asian qualifiers for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
This comes following FIFA announcing on August 1 that the number of teams taking part in the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup will increase from 24 to 32.
In line with FIFA's decision, the Women's World Cup will therefore be expanded from 2023. In the new format, national teams from Asia will compete for 8.5 slots as opposed to the previous five slots as before.
It therefore provides a good chance for the Vietnamese team following two failures in both 2015 and 2019.
- Indian Women's Football Team thrashes Hong Kong
- India women’s football team make it two wins in two against Hong Kong
- Indian women’s football team draw 3-3 with Myanmar, bow out of Olympic qualifiers
- Indian women's football team to play friendlies against Hong Kong, Indonesia
- CFL players willing to pass on training camp to get a labour deal, union says
- Ratanbala hat-trick helps Indian women's football team beat Indonesia 3-0
- Asian Cup: Indian National Football Team Lands in Abu Dhabi for Tournament
- Indian women’s team much better than men’s team, claims Sunil Chhetri
- Jennifer Kupcho, Zoe Campos share lead in Augusta National Women’s Amateur
- Double delight for India as the Indian cricket and football team make history
- More fast food at the White House: Trump serves Chic-fil-A to North Dakota State football team
- More fast food at the White House: Trump serves Chick-fil-A to North Dakota State football team
National women’s football team set for January training camp have 336 words, post on vov.vn at December 19, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.