Star forward Nguyen Cong Phuong lead Ho Chi Minh City FC to an exciting 2-2 draw against Yangon United FC in the side’s first match in Group F of the Asian Football Confederation Cup (AFC) in Yangon, Myanmar, on February 11. Ho Chi Minh City FC footballers The game started with Ho Chi Minh City FC dominating the early exchanges with centre forward Balde putting the away side ahead after 11th minutes. This was met by an instant reply from the home team however as Ikechukwu headed the ball past Vietnamese goalkeeper Thanh Thang four minutes later before Yangon United FC surprisingly went ahead in the 19th minute through Maung Win. Going a goal down prompted head coach Chung Hae-soung to make some tactical changes and substituted Balde for Xuan Nam, who made his presence in the tie felt by setting up Cong Phuong who equalised the scores at 2-2 in the 42nd minute. The second half saw the Vietnamese football club initiate plenty of attacks but were unable to find a breakthrough, with the hot weather hindering the players. As a result, the score remained 2-2 until full time. In Group G’s other match, Quang Ninh Coal FC suffered… Read full this story
- When is the draw for the FA Cup fourth round?
- Stoke City draw Wolves in FA Cup fourth round
- Tottenham 'buzzing' to go through with unlikely Champions League progression after thrilling draw in Barcelona
- UCL draw: Manchester United faces tough PSG tie
- How Pep could change all 11 City players and still win in the FA Cup
- Tottenham through in Champions League after thrilling draw in Barcelona
- Premier League live scores: Arsenal v Burnley, Manchester City v Palace, Cardiff v Man United
- Arsenal vs Man United, FA Cup: Sanchez looks to kick-start season on return to the Emirates
- Arsenal 1-2 Man United, FA Cup: Sanchez scores on return to the Emirates as Red Devils take control
- Arsenal 1-3 Man United, FA Cup: Sanchez scores on return to the Emirates as Red Devils progress
HCM City FC play out thrilling draw with Yangon United in AFC Cup 2020 have 341 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.